DK1 neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 neck?

Does anyone know if DK1 necks sell alone? I was thinking about gettin the DK2 neck but just now saw the DK1 and it looks way nicer, and prolly is better quality being USA made and all.

Nope, best bet is to find a used one. They usually pop up on ebay once every 5 years or so. Good luck!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Nope, best bet is to find a used one. They usually pop up on ebay once every 5 years or so. Good luck!
      Haha alright thanks. What do you think the best quality Jackson bolt on neck would be?

Comment

Why not just buy a whole DK1 guitar? That way, you get the neck, the OFR tremolo, better body wood, and decent electronics in one go. If paying for a new one puts you off, just go on ebay.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Maybe he already has a body?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah my guitar teacher's hooking me up with a Kelly with a custom paint job and everything so I want it to be my main guitar. Right now I have an RR5 which is pretty good but I want the Kelly to play as nice as or nicer than it so it's not just sitting around looking pretty. He already has an all maple Jackson neck for it with the white sharkies (never seen that kind of neck before, wonder what it is) but I like the look of a dark fretboard with binding. The DK1 neck seems like exactly what I want especially since I've been wanting a USA Jackson but seems pretty hard to come by. Anyways since the DK1 neck seems out of the picture, what necks would you guys recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Alurkz View Post
              what necks would you guys recommend?
              DK2

No really, it's 24 frets, binding, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. If you want a reverse headstock, go for a DXMG neck, it's same as a DK2 except rev head.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                DK2

No really, it's 24 frets, binding, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. If you want a reverse headstock, go for a DXMG neck, it's same as a DK2 except rev head.
                Yeah that's what I was thinking til I discovered the DK1 neck. How do you think the neck of a DK2 compares to an RR5 neck?

Comment

For some reason, DK2 necks were fat for some years. Mine is like this, I think it's a 2003 or 2004. I bought in in 2005, but it came new without a case or s/n from ebay.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who scored a DK1 neck by itself. I currently have it bolted up to a KE3 body with blacked out hardware. The DK1 neck is much thinner, and I've had DXMG neck that was much thinner also.

Sorry, never had a RR5. I have RR1s and a RR24M. The RR24M neck is thinner than the RR1s.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    For some reason, DK2 necks were fat for some years. Mine is like this, I think it's a 2003 or 2004. I bought in in 2005, but it came new without a case or s/n from ebay.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who scored a DK1 neck by itself. I currently have it bolted up to a KE3 body with blacked out hardware. The DK1 neck is much thinner, and I've had DXMG neck that was much thinner also.

Sorry, never had a RR5. I have RR1s and a RR24M. The RR24M neck is thinner than the RR1s.
                    How does the modded KE3 compare to the RR1s?

Comment

Originally posted by Alurkz View Post
                      How does the modded KE3 compare to the RR1s?
                      No point in trying to compare as the RR1 is a neckthru, not a bolt on.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        No point in trying to compare as the RR1 is a neckthru, not a bolt on.
                        Well I just wanted to know how it sounded and played compared to a USA guitar. Also since they both have USA necks I was curious how the two different necks compared. I want this Kelly I'm getting to resemble a USA playing- and look-wise because to my knowledge USA is the next step up from the RR5. I don't wanna get this really nice looking custom Kelly and then have it not play as well as my RR5 because then I prolly wouldn't play it as much.

Comment

In my opinion an RR5 is better than a KE3 with a USA neck, but I prefer neck through over bolt on.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            In my opinion an RR5 is better than a KE3 with a USA neck, but I prefer neck through over bolt on.
                            In price the RR5 certainly is better, but I can't stand rosewood, MOTO and lack of binding. I'd take a bolt-on bound ebony MOP neck over an RR5 or an SL3 any day, but that's my preference. I have SL2H's and RR1's, so maybe you aren't in the same boat as I am. Any MIJ neck thru would have to be a PRO model to get me excited.

Tonewise, I've never upgraded the Duncan Designed pickups in this axe. If it sounds good, why fuck with it?
                            Last edited by DonP; 08-29-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X