No announcement yet.

DK1 neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think either everyone's misinterpretting what I'm trying to say or that I'm really missing something. I don't mean that I wanna precisly replicate a neck thru/set neck, just that I don't want the transition to be so blocky so that it flows smoother. I thought just a little bit of sanding would smooth things out. Well anyways my guitar teacher knows what he's doing so if what I'm trying to explain won't really work, then he won't do it.

Comment

Check out old Aria Pro II guitars with the smooth joint heal. But you need to add, not remove wood.

Comment

I'm chiming in late here but I have a similar issue: I just scored a well used DK1 snakeskin recently and while I love the neck (god, how can you not love a broken in, gun oil finish?, quartersawn maple beauty like that?) the head stock has the clear coat clouding over the logo. Doesn't effect the playability but it is an eye sore when viewed from 10 feet or closer. So, I've contemplated hunting down a replacement neck of the same quality but perhaps in a reverse head stock config. Given the info I've read in this thread, I'm leaning towards leaving it as is. Playability IMO will always trump aesthetics. Still, if I could find a broken in DK1 reverse head stock neck...oooh. Mmmm. Ahhh.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
          DK1 reverse head stock neck...
          Don't think there was one.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Don't think there was one.
            Well, hell! Somebody's gotta have a custom shop Dinky with binding, reverse head stock and sharkies that they wanna part out!

Comment

Well, hell! Somebody's gotta have a custom shop Dinky with binding, reverse head stock and sharkies that they wanna part out!
              I say, the people who are going to drop the money on a CS usually will prefer a Neckthrough to a Bolt. Just saying.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Playability IMO will always trump aesthetics.
                +1
                you can have a regular ol neck that draws very little attention, but if you can lay it down, people will take notice and they wont be sayin thats a badass guitar. they'll be sayin thats a badass guitarist.

but dont get me wrong. i like to look pretty too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                  +1
                  you can have a regular ol neck that draws very little attention, but if you can lay it down, people will take notice and they wont be sayin thats a badass guitar. they'll be sayin thats a badass guitarist.

but dont get me wrong. i like to look pretty too. lol
                  +1 Doesn't hurt to have a badass lookin' ax to show off your badass chops on. If ya got that going on, you can look like some bad ass and still be scoring some tail.

Comment

I use the guitar to distract from my awful playing.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      I use the guitar to distract from my awful playing.
                      Brilliant tactic! Sadly, they don't make a guitar visually bombastic enough to distract from my awful playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alurkz View Post
                        I prefer neck thru also, that's why I'm having my guitar teacher sand down the neck and joint on the body to resemble a neck thru or set neck.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                        X