NGD.. SL1 Lightning Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD.. SL1 Lightning Sky

Woohoo! First post in USA section. Obviously first USA Jackson. Semi-beat up but feels great. Great price with HSC. Has a Floyd Pro (low profile), block is too long and cover won't go on but I'll get a brass block. I'm pretty sure the pups are Dimarzio's but only the bridge is working, needs some wiring help. Dimarzio cliplock and strap. The last 6 frets are scalloped too (not my thing but doesn't bother me). Need a setup but the neck feels great. Here's some pics as it is before even a cleaning which it needs very badly..

Last edited by warlok; 08-29-2010, 12:17 AM.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Yup, that looks familiar!
    Happy NGD!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

The bridge is a Dimarzio DP100 Super Distortion. Single in the neck looks like a DP111 SDS-1. That's the only one I could find that looks like it.
      Last edited by warlok; 08-29-2010, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Congrats on hooking that up!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          Nom nom nom nom

Congrats!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The damage is kinda strange. Obviously it took a hit (or bite..lol) to start the chipping. But it seems like the paint is lifting from the wood in a sheet now. Like if i wanted to, I could peel the whole paint/logo/clear finish off like a veneer. For right now, I'll just be careful and play the holy hell out of it. For $350 it was definitely worth it to me. I'll refin later..

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, that's a lot of guitar for $350. You could try putting a 'seam' of superglue around the edge of the lifting paint / clear to keep it from lifting further..
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's probably what I'll do until it's time for a refinish. All cleaned up and right now I'm just playing. This thing plays great. Gonna put a slight bit of relief in the neck and see if I can lower the action a bit more without buzz but other than that.. Woohoo!!!!

Comment

Very nice score warlock.

Comment

candidate for score of the century

Comment

Working...
                    X