Future of SL1-T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of SL1-T?

I am new to the forum and I have a Jackson Soloist SL1-T on order. (ETA end of Dec). On the Jackson website the SL1T is shown but it isnt in the 2010 price sheet. I called Fender and they had to call Jackson, and the scoop is that the SL1T is no longer a production model. BUT, it is a "build when ordered", model now and still has a model number. Other than customs I've never heard of that before, and since this will be my first Jackson, I was wondering what folks here thought as to why Jackson/Fender would have changed the status of this model. Also, do you think its on the way to becoming extinct?

PS: I will post pic's when it arrives around christmas time.

Ted
    Last edited by Tedmac; 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM.
    Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
    Gretsch G6128T-TVP
    Gibson LP Traditional
    Gibson J-185 EC
    Hagstrom XL5
    Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
    Walden T550 EC

Could be possible that the demand for SL1-T guitars isn't as high enough to warrant them keeping it as a production model?

Comment

It's all about demand.
      Sales numbers drive everything.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
        Could be possible that the demand for SL1-T guitars isn't as high enough to warrant them keeping it as a production model?
        IMO demand is a big part of this. The re-sale value is lower on most "t" versions compared to their floyded counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
          IMO demand is a big part of this. The re-sale value is lower on most "t" versions compared to their floyded counterparts.
          Yeah I was told that before I ordered. The floyds are cool, but I just dont have the patience to mess with them. But, from last week to the end of Dec is a long time to wait for a non cust. axe. But hopefully it'll be worth it.
          Gretsch G6128T-TVP
          Gibson LP Traditional
          Gibson J-185 EC
          Hagstrom XL5
          Walden T550 EC

Comment

You don't need much patience to mess with the Floyd in terms of string changes, just watch some simple you tube vids. If you get stuck with intonation issues, take it to a tech.

Nothing beats a dive bombed pinch harmonic.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              You don't need much patience to mess with the Floyd in terms of string changes, just watch some simple you tube vids. If you get stuck with intonation issues, take it to a tech.

Or how smooth they deel under the palm of your hand when playing. That being said you can also use a trem stop or block it off and even if you pop a string it'll still stay in tune.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by Tedmac View Post
                The floyds are cool, but I just dont have the patience to mess with them. But, from last week to the end of Dec is a long time to wait for a non cust. axe. But hopefully it'll be worth it.
                Originally posted by Larz View Post

I have to agree with Tedmac, I for example just don't have the time or patience to mess around with Floyd or neck adjustments or even string changes. Hell, I'd even get other people to tune up my axes whenever I get a chance!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can't/won't/don't wanna deal with a trem - get a tremolno on that guitar and it's just as good.

Comment

Well I do like to hear someone play a floyd, it does sound cool. But when im sitting in my gtar room trying to jam to something that is a diff tuning, I like being able to just reach over and change tunings without have to block out half a day. I dont have a zillion guitars to keep at diff tunings so this one will get played, and I attempt to play jazz to blues to rock.
                    Admittedly bad, but im always messin around with different styles and songs. So I just ordered the SL1-T version and we'll c how it goes.
                    Thanks for input tho.
                    Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                    Gibson LP Traditional
                    Gibson J-185 EC
                    Hagstrom XL5
                    Walden T550 EC

Comment

I am new to the forum and I have a Jackson Soloist SL1-T on order. (ETA end of Dec). On the Jackson website the SL1T is shown but it isnt in the 2010 price sheet. I called Fender and they had to call Jackson, and the scoop is that the SL1T is no longer a production model. BUT, it is a "build when ordered", model now and still has a model number. Other than customs I've never heard of that before, and since this will be my first Jackson, I was wondering what folks here thought as to why Jackson/Fender would have changed the status of this model. Also, do you think its on the way to becoming extinct?

PS: I will post pic's when it arrives around christmas time.

Ted
                      Interesting to hear because whenever I finally get a stable income to start acquiring USA Soloists, my preference is to get the "T" models because I'm not much of a trem guy.

Out of curiosity, did you have to play a higher price than a usual trem equipped SL1 because yours has not already been built?

Comment

Originally posted by Total_Annihilation View Post
                        Interesting to hear because whenever I finally get a stable income to start acquiring USA Soloists, my preference is to get the "T" models because I'm not much of a trem guy.

Out of curiosity, did you have to play a higher price than a usual trem equipped SL1 because yours has not already been built?
                        No I paid the SL1 price at Sweetwater. Yeah if you look at the 2009 price sheet the T vers. is on there. But the 2010 ps doesnt have the T vers. 4 mos to get a non-cust is pretty long time. But if thats what it takes so be it.
                        Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                        Gibson LP Traditional
                        Gibson J-185 EC
                        Hagstrom XL5
                        Walden T550 EC

Comment

No I paid the SL1 price at Sweetwater. Yeah if you look at the 2009 price sheet the T vers. is on there. But the 2010 ps doesnt have the T vers. 4 mos to get a non-cust is pretty long time. But if thats what it takes so be it.
                          At least you know it's being hand-built though which I guess could take some of the agony away.

Comment

Originally posted by Total_Annihilation View Post
                            At least you know it's being hand-built though which I guess could take some of the agony away.
                            True
                            Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                            Gibson LP Traditional
                            Gibson J-185 EC
                            Hagstrom XL5
                            Walden T550 EC

Comment

I have a SL2HT and IMO it will be worth the wait . It will be shame if they stop making them , they are excellent guitars . My top two guitars are both hardtails a USA SLS (24.75) and a SLATQH (25.5). I have many guitars with Floyds and 99% of the time the bar is resting in the case .
                              Mike
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                              X