Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Newbie Here, Can anybody ID this Signature on my pre Fender Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Newbie Here, Can anybody ID this Signature on my pre Fender Soloist?

The sig looks like it came from the factory with it. Any idea's? Thanks!
    Last edited by Immersed1; 04-10-2012, 10:20 PM.

Pre-Fender

Is it Mike Shannon?
    Last edited by DonP; 09-07-2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Pretty sure it's Mike Shannon.

Comment

Yep. That's Mike.

We should put "pre-fender" in the swear filter.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Pre-Fender

Oh better watch that kinda talk : )) some people paid good money for post fender stuff ; )b But its all good, before after whatever.they all do what they are meant to do "Rock".
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah, that's a 'Shannon Soloist' from around 1998 or so. There's a couple for good prices in the GC used section...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the info all!! Is there anything special about these? I've had a couple dozen Soloist,V's,and custom shop Charvel's and this has got to be one of the best playing and sounding Jackson's so far! I was thinking of selling it but the more I play it the more I want to keep it. Do you think it was made by Mike? Oh and sorry about the "pre-Fender" term! Both era's are great guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Immersed1 View Post
                Thanks for the info all!! Is there anything special about these? I've had a couple dozen Soloist,V's,and custom shop Charvel's and this has got to be one of the best playing and sounding Jackson's so far! I was thinking of selling it but the more I play it the more I want to keep it. Do you think it was made by Mike? Oh and sorry about the "pre-Fender" term! Both era's are great guitars!!!
                And you've only just joined the forum? :O
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Pre-Fender? Pfft! I prefer POST Fender. There! I said it!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

DO I have to point this out again? Joining the forum for the purpose of guitar identification is a no-no. Somebody give this guy hell!

I prefer post-fender too.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

No I'm just joining now. My old ID wouldn't work so I had to create a new one. Although I didn't post much a couple of years ago with my original ID. I have no beef with pre or post Fender, I'm just going with what the serial number ID on the Jackson web site says. I'm actually glad Fender bought them out and not Korg!!!!

Comment

That sig is my buddy Nerf Slom, he used to work at the Ontario factory...he'd call me up all drunk on the weekends and we'd sneak into the factory and sign random guitars. Keep an eye out for my sigs!
                        (My name is Zarg Brodf).
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                          DO I have to point this out again? Joining the forum for the purpose of guitar identification is a no-no. Somebody give this guy hell!
                          Is it also a no-no to join specifically to identify a signature?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                            Is it also a no-no to join specifically to identify a signature?
                            Pretty much the same category.
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed the killer amps in the background? A Wizard and and Diezel, Nice! The Shannon Soloists are nice guitars but one thing I hate about them is the factory installed Duncan Pearly Gates pickup in the bridge position. Its pretty weak, swap it out for another pickup of your choice and the Shannons are ready to rock!
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X