Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Newbie Here, Can anybody ID this Signature on my pre Fender Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the Pearly Gates isn't that hot of a pickup but does sound pretty good thru my old Boogies. I might put a Duncan Distortion I have lying around in there to see how it sounds. I did just put a 42mm brass block on the floyd and a trem stop which made the guitar so much louder and sustain better! The block is one of the best upgrades you can do to a Floyd guitar!
    Last edited by Immersed1; 04-10-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

We've all (at least i think we've all) done the trem block upgrade. I'm undecided on the effect. I could only fit a 37mm in my SL2H, and I had to grind down the spring insert area for clearance with the cover.

You don't seem to know about Mike Shannon. He's a master builder at Jackson. Your guitar has an unrecessed Floyd which is popular these days, and sports a neck angle thay plays into the "feel".

I wouldn't sell it because they are few and far between, but that's me. Maybe you shouldn't ask for my advice because I'm over 40 guitars now because of my "never sell, never regret" policy

Comment

I know about Mike Shannon, I just didn't know who's sig was on the guitar or any info about it. Don't worry I'm not selling it! I had you beat last summer but I had to sell a bunch to buy a new Harley. So now I'm slowly getting my collection back up again. It's pretty hard to do since I've owned well over 100 high end guitars. There's really not much left that I can consider permanent "keepers". I guess thats just part of my buying and selling disease!

Comment

All I saw was a "Diezel VH4", Sweet. Thanx for posting.Oh yeah, looks like Mike Shannon's autograph :-)
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I consider it against my religion to sell any Jackson/Charvel guitars, they're all keepers
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Immersed1 View Post
              Thanks for the info all!! Is there anything special about these? I've had a couple dozen Soloist,V's,and custom shop Charvel's and this has got to be one of the best playing and sounding Jackson's so far! I was thinking of selling it but the more I play it the more I want to keep it. Do you think it was made by Mike? Oh and sorry about the "pre-Fender" term! Both era's are great guitars!!!
              yeah...that was a special run of "Shannon Soloists", all built with San Dimas era specs, only made in a few colors, black, slime green, and ghost flames as i remember. that's a DAMN cool guitar to find on the used rack at GC. and i like that model better than most of the new ones. VERY COOL guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by roccotanto View Post
                yeah...that was a special run of "Shannon Soloists", all built with San Dimas era specs, only made in a few colors, black, slime green, and ghost flames as i remember.
                There was also white. And supposedly there was one in sherbert orange, but not sure if anyone's ever seen that one. Somebody here did own a prototype with one hum and blue ghost flames, too.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Haha, "pre fender" is the new "pre cbs".

Comment

Working...
                  X