Rhoads LTD ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads LTD ???

So Elderly Music in Lansing, MI just sold what they're calling a Rhoads LTD, SN:LTD 113 LTS. Were these made in 1992? They're saying it's a 1995. It's got the Schaller/Floyd, handwritten(?) logo on headstock and switch like a Les Paul. Linky: http://elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-16418.htm. Will those in the know chime in as to what this is? Was the 1992 LTD also known as the 25th anniversary? I just don't know about these, all and any info is appreciated, thanks.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

if it is a '95 i guess it could be a custom shop order, not part of the LTD's from '92

Also i thought the body wood on the '92 LTD's was Maple, not Poplar

And the '92 LTD's are not 25th anniversary, the concorde was from '80 so 25th would be '05

it may well be a legitamate CS order separate from the LTD's

Comment

Whatever its history is, someone is getting a super deal!!! I would hit that for $1700.

Comment

Looks like one of the 1992 LTD's to me. What a great score for someone!

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking it was from the 1992 run. For those who have a 1992 run of the Rhoads LTD, do your serial numbers appear like this one: LTD 113 LTS because that's what Elderly says this one is...

Comment

If it is. its a great price.. Book on em says 3500 and cheapest ive seen on ebay was 2500. so not a bad score. Better snag it before someone else does..

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Yeah, I was thinking it was from the 1992 run. For those who have a 1992 run of the Rhoads LTD, do your serial numbers appear like this one: LTD 113 LTS because that's what Elderly says this one is...

Definitely from the 1992 run. There were some variations to the serial numbers, some had LTD XXX, LTD XXX VTS, LTD XXX LTS as well.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Unbelievable, thanks for the great info guys. I got lucky and bought her! When I searched the Forum for this some posts came up from a few years ago with people saying these cost 3 to 4 K which is so much money these guitars are not in most JCF'ers collections. I mean, that's an unbelievable price tag! 2K would be a great deal, I was so lucky to get it for $1700. 8 years ago I bought a neck through Jackson Explorer (red quilt top, gold hardware, floyd) from Elderly for only $1200. They usually know their stuff except when it comes to rare or unusual Jackson collectibles.

I assume the pickups are a Duncan Distortion and a Jazz? And on the pickup toggle, does it point to the ground for bridge position and at you for neck? Or is it pointing towards the long wing for bridge position and towards the neck for the neck pickup? Does that make sense? In other words, what was the stock position for that switch? ETA is 9/11...

Comment

The VTS stood for "vintage tremolo system" and the LTS stood for "locking tremolo system" if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Unbelievable, thanks for the great info guys. I got lucky and bought her! When I searched the Forum for this some posts came up from a few years ago with people saying these cost 3 to 4 K which is so much money these guitars are not in most JCF'ers collections. I mean, that's an unbelievable price tag! 2K would be a great deal, I was so lucky to get it for $1700. 8 years ago I bought a neck through Jackson Explorer (red quilt top, gold hardware, floyd) from Elderly for only $1200. They usually know their stuff except when it comes to rare or unusual Jackson collectibles.

I assume the pickups are a Duncan Distortion and a Jazz? And on the pickup toggle, does it point to the ground for bridge position and at you for neck? Or is it pointing towards the long wing for bridge position and towards the neck for the neck pickup? Does that make sense? In other words, what was the stock position for that switch? ETA is 9/11...
                    Cheaper than what they sold for new, that's for sure. I paid 2k in 1992 for mine. The toggle set up is "away from you" for bridge, "right back atcha for neck. It's odd, but pretty natural.

Next to Greg's $400 prepro, this is the second best deal I've seen in a very long time.

Sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I almost snagged this.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        I almost snagged this.
                        You just weren't racing fast enough, huh RacerX?

Comment

I clicked on it and put it in my "shopping cart" (I presume there was only 1? )

Then I thought, naaaaah.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep, as others said it looks like the LTD series from 1992. I have #196 in this series and they did have Jackson logo'd Schaller Floyds on them. I have two others as well. One is the Vintage trem equipped model which I've heard they made only about 30 of. The entire run was supposed to be about 200 guitars. I'm thinking they started in 1992 but probably continued producing them up to about 1994 when the black/gold PCS Rhoads came out. The third LTD I have is one of four built for the 97 NAMM show. Looks identical to the one like you just bought but the trem is an OFR and the headstock says Custom Shop on it, oh and the serial number is an RR number not LTD. The 25th anniversary model was released at the 05 NAMM show. 25 of those were made with vintage trem. They also did the 25th anniversary King Kelly in black and King V in Mercedes Silver. 25 of each of those produced as well.
                            You got a killer deal on that LTD for $1750. Congrats!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X