Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 89 Eerie Dess Soloist is now fully operational.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 89 Eerie Dess Soloist is now fully operational.

Got this a while back and posted a NGD thread with hardwareless pics. Figured you guys would want to see this beauty when shes (almost) in playing condition. The only things that will be changed will be that an EMG 3 way switch and SA/S single coils will be added. The pickup rings jackson used on these are also "oversized" so I have a better fitting replacement on the way.

The only thing stock is the tremolo/machine heads, so far I've put in

-EMG 81x
    -Single Volume
    -Tremolno
    -Schaller Straplocks

After consulting with several Jackson guys online we decided that this finish is Eerie Dess. Most of you might be familiar with Eerie Dess swirl, this is the unswirled. precursor to that. I have thus far not been able to find another Jackson with this finish. The earliest EDS that I've seen have been 1990 and this is an 89.

I went with the EMGs for a couple of reasons-

a) I've never really given EMGs a shot, only a couple of stock guitars that I sold or pulled them out of immediately.
    b) Alot of my favorite recorded album tones are EMG (81 especially)
    c) Love the noiseless aspect.
    d) My main guitars are Ebony/Mahogany and honestly I prefer the sound of passives in that combo. I figured a different sound might be in order.

If I end up liking the way the EMGs sound (though I don't know yet since UPS is being slow about delivering my new head), this will probably become my main guitar. It has the best neck I've ever felt on a jackson (slimmer than any other jackson neck except for early 90s Dinkys/Fusions) and I love a non recessed floyd for both feel and tuning stability. I must also say that the back of the neck is the loveliest thing on any guitar I own.

Sweet! I wish Eerie Dess was a production finish, that looks absolutely amazing! two more things, 1) What's a Tremel-no, I've heard of it before but never found out what it was.
    2) Is that a licensed floyd I see?
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
      Sweet! I wish Eerie Dess was a production finish, that looks absolutely amazing! two more things, 1) What's a Tremel-no, I've heard of it before but never found out what it was.
      2) Is that a licensed floyd I see?
      Yeah, I wonder if Jackson would still do it on a custom shop? Anyone know?

1) This site explains it better than I could http://www.tremol-no.com/
      2) Its a Jt-590, which is a high quality schaller made (in germany) licensed floyd. Jackson used these on a shitload of guitars (Custom, USA, Pros, Professionals) in the late 80s early 90s. I'm sure one of the other members can fill you in if you want to know more. They are of comparable quality with an OFR.

Comment

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Finish 33... EDS.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
          They never stopped doing it as a production finish.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            They never stopped doing it as a production finish.
            Thats Eerie Dess Swirl, this is just Eerie Dess.

Comment

That finish is not at all unique. I have a 1990 Phil Collen Archtop in the same exact finish, will post up a pic soon. And to say that Soloist is fully operational is kinda bogus, isn't it? Missing pickups, knobs, controls, trc, and a hell of a lot of class.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                That finish is not at all unique. I have a 1990 Phil Collen Archtop in the same exact finish, will post up a pic soon. And to say that Soloist is fully operational is kinda bogus, isn't it? Missing pickups, knobs, controls, trc, and a hell of a lot of class.
                Jeez, someone missed the reference. Fully operational in the

Sense.

How do you suggest I should give class to it? Its a loud eighties Jackson.

Comment

Cool guitar I like it.
                  The floyd is a Schaller so NP there.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Is this enough class for you?

I tried to find a cheese wheel and grapes but they weren't on hand.

I never said it was unique, I said "I have thus far been unable to find one like it.". Well, I guess I have now, I would love to see pictures of your Collen. Is the finish called Eerie Dess or was it simple known as Marbleized Something?

And sorry if your offended by missing knobs. I never said it was a case queen, its a beater, and I intend to actually play it. There are alot of guys here you plug holes and keep the trem/truss rod covers off, but I guess we are just plebians.

Comment

That poor thing looks like it's been ridden hard and put away wet hehe. Looks like no damage that would affect the sound or playability though.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        That poor thing looks like it's been ridden hard and put away wet hehe. Looks like no damage that would affect the sound or playability though.
                        :ROTF:I hate that saying

Comment

[QUOTE=Rogueleader;1374560]Is this enough class for you?

Lmao - just needs the smoking jacket

Comment

LOL. Thats pretty Funny Garrett.. I do like that finish more than the swirl.. Good to see life put back into it..

Comment

Hey Rogue, don't lecture me about rare or unusual Jacksons. You have a really nice Soloist, that's a given. But it's not so special that there can't be any like it. I know what my Collen is, it is the same finish as your Soloist, perhaps you forgot but you and I talked about this guitar before, remember we were the only bidders on eBay for it! But it's been physically abused. Not that it matters since you want a player, but it's been beat down and still looks rough without the pickups and knobs and such. That's all, no need to get the panties wadded up, you dig?
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X