Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 89 Eerie Dess Soloist is now fully operational.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogueleader View Post
    Is this enough class for you?

I tried to find a cheese wheel and grapes but they weren't on hand.

:ROTF:

Comment

Great comeback!! Nice score and cool finish, enjoy your ax.

Last edited by fordsho90; 09-10-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hey, if you have a comeback you need to see your urologist.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Hey Rogue, don't lecture me about rare or unusual Jacksons. You have a really nice Soloist, that's a given. But it's not so special that there can't be any like it. I know what my Collen is, it is the same finish as your Soloist, perhaps you forgot but you and I talked about this guitar before, remember we were the only bidders on eBay for it! But it's been physically abused. Not that it matters since you want a player, but it's been beat down and still looks rough without the pickups and knobs and such. That's all, no need to get the panties wadded up, you dig?
          Haha, not lecturing I just thought you came across as a bit of an ass with that post. Not a bid deal though, its easy to be misunderstood on the internet. The point of saying it was the only one in the finish was not to stroke my e penis, I was just throwing out what I thought was some interesting trivia. If some one has an earlier example of the finish they are more than welcome to what little prestige that title grants (and I'd still love to see pictures of your Collen). I'm not even sure if the finish is Eeire Dess, just going by what some other guys said in the other two threads.

Yep, I remember you were the other bidder. Think I paid around $525 shipped on this, so it was quite a deal, even for something with such obviously worn paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueleader View Post
            Thats Eerie Dess Swirl, this is just Eerie Dess.
            Oh yeah. D'oh!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great guitar! This my favorite Jackson era….must be something to do with the non-recessed trems!

From what I see, the eerie dess finish chips the most out of all Jacksons, at least for the earlier-made ones. I’ve seen much larger chips than on yours.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You're the one bragging about having an ED.

Eerie Dess or Erectile Dysfunction?

Comment

Heres a quick clip through the new k tre to give the guys who asked what the 81x sounds like a VERY general idea.

So I woke up with a riff in my head (and a fucking brutal hangover) and figured I'd record it (I forgot to put in the trem arm, so I couldn't do a dive in the middle) and post it to just give a general idea of what the voicing of the K Tre is to the people who asked me.

The converter (some shitty freeware) and youtube compression probably raped the fuck out of sound quality. I'll post a properly recorded (sm57, etc) clip in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Oh yeah. D'oh!
                    Doh indeed, lol.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

The finish in question is actually Erie Dess. Whether they swirled it or not doesn't matter, that's what they called it. They were done with a plastic saran wrap applicator to get the effect of different colors, here's a body shot of mine:
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yep, thats Eerie Dess. In fact a friend of mine custom ordered one just like that in 1989 along with a Black/Gold Rhoads with factory scalloped 12-22 frets. I bought the Rhoads from him about 9 years ago and he still owns the ED Soloist to this day. 89 is the earliest ED color I remember seeing as well. Thats not to say they didn't do it earlier but 89 the earliest I've seen.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

how do you guys custom DIY paint Eerie Dess SWIRL? is special paint really necessary or is there a way to get the same effect with ordinary spray paint?

Comment

Man that floyd looks like it came off an M1 Abrams battle tank. It looks alot beefyer than the current floyds. Probl hold up better. Congrats on the soloist.
                            Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
                            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
                            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
                            Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                            Gibson LP Traditional
                            Gibson J-185 EC
                            Hagstrom XL5
                            Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
                            Walden T550 EC

Comment

Working...
                            X