Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhoads LTD in da house with pics and description...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads LTD in da house with pics and description...

It's absolutely an unbelievable guitar. Finally got it in and got it all polished up for pics. LTD 113 LTS, made in 1992, Duncan Jazz and Distortion (non trem spaced!), JT-590, ebony board, mop block inlays, binding on neck only and over fret ends, neck through, toggle on side, "hand" written logo, gold hardware, bright snow white paint with black pins. The body comes up high on the neck, not like on a regular Rhoads, more like a Les Paul. This probably adds sustain and thickness to the tonalities, but I have trouble getting into the higher frets. Like a LP, you have to angle your left hand a bit to reach all the way up there. Neck is a little fat and slightly wider than stock USA Rhoads of the era too. Plays very well and the tone is unstoppable, fat and full. A great guitar for sure.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

You can sell it for $10,500 on Ebay.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Ha! I heard they go for 3K or so...

Comment

So does the toggle action swing neck to tail or is it face to back? I've always been curious about that. I think I'm too fat to have the toggle there myself. My big ol' bitch tits would keep swinging into it.

Awesome guitar though, great job cleaning it up it looks mint.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oooh nice! Nice detail with the rounded butt of the fingerboard! Great score, Joe. If you have a pic of the back where the neck joins the body, please post it. Many congrats on the score
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Man yeah. One day i hope to get my hands on one too.. Great addition...

Comment

Awesome score! Always wanted to pickup one of those....congrats!
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

Just beautiful....enjoy and congrats

Comment

Awesome Joe! I always felt the upper fret access on these is still much better than on a Les Paul personally. It looks to be in incredible shape, you scored nicely
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

You should be arrested - you stole that thing by paying $1700.00. Glad it went to someone of the JCF. Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice one, Joe.

Read the interview with Grover Jackson at the Duncan forum - he does say that Randy spec'd it out to be like his Les Paul. They even made later 80s/SD Rhoadses with fat Les Paul style necks.

When I first moved to Tennessee in 89, there was a local music store that had a Rhoads. I played it, and it had a huge ass neck on it, almost like a Classical, but it played so effortlessly. They wanted $900.

Unfortunately, I had given my parents all the money I had saved up to help with the moving.

Haven't seen it since. Don't recall the serial as I didn't really know about Jacksons then.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hellbat: the toggle works as the bridge pickup when it's "forward" away from you. When it's up pointing towards you it's the neck. Pretty cool feature to have a Rhoads with LP switching.

Newc, thanks. And you're right, Grover Jackson said that Randy wanted the playability of his white LP Custom, so the neck is slightly fatter than normal, but still great playing. And it does join the body closer in than a standard/modern Rhoads. I have a few SD Rhoads but they still have the better upper fret access despite the slightly fatter neck profile. But, with a little patience and practice it plays great, and the tone is immense.

Henrik, here's the pic you requested. The neck to body interface is very similar if not exact to a standard/modern Rhoads, it just joins the body sides much sooner:

Comment

Nice score! There's some idiot on ebay looking to get $10,000 for one with a BIN of $12,500. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that one, he must think it was Randy's actual axe...

Comment

Sweet axe cept you need to move the metamucil can away from it. Of course maybe theres something ironic about metamucil being next to an 80's metal axe. LOL ah well congrats on the acquisition.
                              Last edited by Tedmac; 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM.
                              Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
                              Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
                              Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
                              Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                              Gibson LP Traditional
                              Gibson J-185 EC
                              Hagstrom XL5
                              Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
                              Walden T550 EC

Comment

Working...
                              X