Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time machine

Well, nearly...

I found this 86 Soloist Custom on craigslist a couple of weeks ago. The seller told me that he was the original owner and sent me some big pics - it looked to be in great condition, plus it had the original case and even the hangtag...

Ultimately, with my wife expecting our first child in mid October, I'd have probably let this one go but for the reverse headstock, which was a big selling point for me. Then of course, jr. decided that he needed to see the world 7 weeks sooner than expected

Anyway, it arrived on Wednesday, and while it's not quite a time capsule, with some polish effort it'd be damn close! The colour is really tough to photograph - it's described as midnite blue, but it has a slight purple tinge to it.

When it comes to playing the damn thing, I need to give it some time to settle and I have to find some time between trips to the hospital, painting out the apartment and dealing with relatives! But I've had a quick go and the neck seems to be on the thinner side for these. But it plays great, so hopefully I'll find some time over the next few days to crank it up and I'll report back.

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Beautiful! Congrats. And congrats on the baby, too!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Nice guitar. As a side note, both my daughters were born premature. One came 10 weeks early and the other 5 weeks early. My thoughts are with you and your family. We got to know everyone at the NICU very well.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Nice!!!!

Reverse head FTW!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very nice and one of my favorite years for metal!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Awesome grab, Ian. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on both the axe and the screamer

And yeah, Midnight Blue would have a slight Purple tinge to it because Blue can only go so dark before it becomes Black. The Purple gets it closer to Black while still being "not quite Black".
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's an awesome axe. Congrats.

Comment

If you need someone to mind it for you while you watch the baby, let me know!

Congrats on both new additions to the stable.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Reverse head FTW!
                      +1. Nice guitar.

Comment

I hate you.

Seriously... Floyd'ed old-school blue/purple RHS Soloist? Freakin' killer man!

Comment

Very nice, and congrats on both of your new additions to your family. No doubt that you will enjoy them both.
                          1989 Magenta Charvel 650XL (Now my main guitar) , 1989 White Charvel 650XL, 1989 Trans Amber 750 XL, 1989 Cherry Sunburst 750XL Abortion,1990 Jackson soloist ATT pro Trans Red, 1993 Jackson Dinky Std Black with pick guard , 1992 Jackson Stealth Ex repainted, 1994 JDR-94, 1994 JDR-94, 1995 DR3 (Old Main Guitar) trans purple quilted maple picture , 2002 RR5 white and gold, 1988 Model 4 cobalt blue, 1993 Jackson Fusion Std black, 1990's Alvarez Fusion acoustic electric cutaway, 2009 Alvarez AD60ck Koa acoustic electric cutaway. Crate BV-150 Heads, SKB PS55 pedal Board, Shure wireless

Comment

Very nice and good luck on the little one.

Comment

Good thing the guitar had the reverse head and not the kid!
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X