No announcement yet.

My San Dimas is famous now!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that is very cool. Congrats! I've always loved the original, and yours is no slouch either.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
      Holy Shit! I managed to buy that magazine just this afternoon.

While I did not spot the Custom Shop logo on the headstock right away, I did realize that Bela looked waaaay to clean for a 25+ year Dinky. Phil's hand covered the trem cause I was looking for the telltale marks of the Kahler to Floyd swap.

It's then that I looked at the headstock and behold!

Dude, That is a super cool tale for sure!!!!
      Heh. First thing I noticed was that it was a Dinky, and not a Soloist, like Phil's original
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's too bad the photographer didn't do something clever with the glow in the dark awesomeness. Like a green gel on the flash on his face with a rear curtain sync.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Heh. First thing I noticed was that it was a Dinky, and not a Soloist, like Phil's original
          His original Bela is/was a Dinky, not a Soloist.
          -Rick

Comment

Phil signed Bela way before the photo shoot, Phil is a great guy hands down. He has signed 3 of my guitars. Here is the back of Bela:

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            No one asked the big question?? Did he sign it?? That would be cool to have him sign "To my friend"....yada yada..."... and date it!
            You didnt ask???

Comment

Nice Axe of course, and great to hear Phil wanted it for a photo shoot. I've met Phil at NAMM before and talked to him a bit. He's great to talk to, very nice guy. Saw Def Lep a couple years back and his tone live was great to say the least!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

That's really exciting, man. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadow View Post
                  That's really exciting, man. Congrats!
                  +1 Awesome story!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                    +1 Awesome story!
                    +2

So, I assume you knew Phil previously and he knew you had the guitrar. How do you know him?
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Amazing story and amazing guitar. Haven't been to the RR Hall Of Fame in a few years so I may have to go back next week or so and check out the original!

Comment

I got to meet Phil Backstage at a Def Lep show in Tulsa, OK ....at the time I had just started doing a Radio show & had interviewed Phil a couple of times & we talked after the interviews about different stuff but I had also talked to Phil Through Mike Kotzen at Jackson as well. When they built my Bela Mike had went to Phil's to get photo's of the original for Dan L. to have as he air brushed it. Phil had seen my Bela at Jackson before & after it was finished, it caught his eye because mine was the first Jackson to ever have Glow in the dark Binding & inlays & still is as far as I know. Phil is the Rock Guitarist that made me want to play guitar & he is my guitar idol & has been since Pyromania was released. I have to say he is a great idol to have because he is very humble & doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a awesome guitarist & a great guy hands down.

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                        +2

So, I assume you knew Phil previously and he knew you had the guitrar. How do you know him?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonpc1 View Post
                          I got to meet Phil Backstage at a Def Lep show in Tulsa, OK ....at the time I had just started doing a Radio show & had interviewed Phil a couple of times & we talked after the interviews about different stuff but I had also talked to Phil Through Mike Kotzen at Jackson as well. When they built my Bela Mike had went to Phil's to get photo's of the original for Dan L. to have as he air brushed it. Phil had seen my Bela at Jackson before & after it was finished, it caught his eye because mine was the first Jackson to ever have Glow in the dark Binding & inlays & still is as far as I know. Phil is the Rock Guitarist that made me want to play guitar & he is my guitar idol & has been since Pyromania was released. I have to say he is a great idol to have because he is very humble & doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a awesome guitarist & a great guy hands down.
                          That info makes the store that much more awesome! Cool beans!
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Soooo I guess this famous baby is up for grabs now? :think:

Comment

Working...
                            X