USA Rhoads - the irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Rhoads - the irony

I went to GC yesterday and checked out the used USA Rhoads in Eerie Dess Swirl. They're asking $1200.00 and some change. Since I have three USA Soloists, I've been wanting to trade the SL1 for something a little "wilder." So I checked it out. They only seem to get a used USA about once every two years so I dive on it when they do.

I came to the same conclusion I arrived at 20+ years ago: I just can't sit with the damned thing. Period. I usually play in the classical position, but I just can't sit with a Rhoads or any other "V" shaped guitar. Randy is also one of my top five players of all time. That's what makes it even worse. Guess I need to keep holding out for a Warrior.

That's all I wanted to say. Carry on.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

FYI That little V part goes in between your legs.

Comment

Get off your ass and play it like a man

Comment

Right there with you, same reason I am considering selling mine......I love it standing up but hate it if I am recording seated. I feel it needs a kick stand that drops out of the bottom for seated playing.
        Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Why hold out for a Warrior? If you can't sit and play a Rhoads, how do will you be able to do it with a Warrior? They sit pretty much the same on your leg.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like we need pics from you guys demonstrating the proper procedure.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Right, where's that photo of that monster sized guy playing that tiny guitar

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                You mean, any photo of Ron playing any guitar?

Comment

You can prop your leg up, too!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Fat guy in a little coat! :ROTF:

Comment

I play mine in a position similar to Randy, but that's probably because I had seen that picture of him for 20 years befor I bought my first Rhoads.

Best piece of advice I can give you is to keep the strap on while playing sitting down. It prevents the bottom horn from sliding down your leg, so you don't have to death grip the guitar to keep it in place. Once I started doing that my RR1's are my favorite guitars for playing sitting down. Keep in mind you may need to shorten the strap a bit while sitting. It's best done with one of those friction slide to adjust straps.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

If you want pics of me putting stuff between my legs I need some money first.

Comment

Great thanks to this thread I need to change my pants lol!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                            FYI That little V part goes in between your legs.
                            I know. And it still feels awkward as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Why hold out for a Warrior? If you can't sit and play a Rhoads, how do will you be able to do it with a Warrior? They sit pretty much the same on your leg.
                              I've always found the Warrior to be much more comfortable while sitting. Plus I prefer 24 frets.

Comment

Working...
                              X