USA Rhoads - the irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    I've always found the Warrior to be much more comfortable while sitting. Plus I prefer 24 frets.
    Yeah, its easy to play a Warrior on your lap. Not so a Rhoads or KV. You cant beat playing a KV on stage though, standing up, obviously.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I always remembered my old Warrior sat pretty much the same as my Rhoads. :think:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I always remembered my old Warrior sat pretty much the same as my Rhoads. :think:
        I compared a JS Warrior and my RR3 and I found the same result.

Something I did with my Rhoads though: Put the strap lock, (on the long wing obviously) in your pocket, and perch your leg up. Comfortable as hell, imo.

Comment

The lower horn on a Warrior stops the guitar sliding off your lap. Something the Vs/Rhoads dont have.
          Playing a Warrior sitting down isnt much different to playing a Soloist as I see it.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

What about one of those Steinberger Leg stands for V's ? if you can find one they make it easy

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              Yeah, its easy to play a Warrior on your lap. Not so a Rhoads or KV. You cant beat playing a KV on stage though, standing up, obviously.
              That's the thing. I've never had a problem holding a Warrior in my lap. The Rhoads and King V's keep wanting to slide off.

Who knows, though? I might give the Rhoads another chance if it's still there later this week.
              Last edited by PowerTube; 09-21-2010, 09:08 AM.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                What about one of those Steinberger Leg stands for V's ? if you can find one they make it easy
                Hmmm... there's an idea. I might check into that.

Comment

Update: I called and they still have it. It also includes a factory hardshell case. But I'm still having misgivings about the 22-fret thing and about sitting down with it.

This sucks. I want it but I don't. I've found that any time I have misgivings about an instrument, it's better to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    You mean, any photo of Ron playing any guitar?
                    ronminiv.jpg
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

@ Ron with the Flying Wee Vee!

Comment

Working...
                      X