Getting jackson Custom shop 7 built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting jackson Custom shop 7 built

Hey guys im going to be placing an order for a custom 7 string..whos the best custom shop dealer to go threw?? Guitar Center, Drum city guitar land??????

Any of the JCF Sponsored Dealers would be a good choice; certainly much better than Guitar Center!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Try the dealers here on the JCF first.

Haven't heard anything good about GuitarCenter. I've heard nice things about DCGL. However, I'd personally go with a forum dealer, just because these guys actually hang out here, like Matt's Music (Matt), PineyHills (Nick), OnlineStageGear (Matt), or Copperhead (Scott).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc...............I guess I am chopped liver!!! Lol!

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Try the dealers here on the JCF first.

Haven't heard anything good about GuitarCenter. I've heard nice things about DCGL. However, I'd personally go with a forum dealer, just because these guys actually hang out here, like Matt's Music (Matt), PineyHills (Nick), OnlineStageGear (Matt), or Copperhead (Scott).

Comment

Yeah, don't forget Mr. Chopped Liver from Willoughby Music!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

cool thanks guys gonna probably go threw piney hill..............any recommendations of do's and donts on a custom guitar? This will be my first one and im looking into getting one similar to this but a 7 string version:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gui...shop-xtrr.html

Comment

Originally posted by bls4lyfe01 View Post
              cool thanks guys gonna probably go threw piney hill..............any recommendations of do's and donts on a custom guitar? This will be my first one and im looking into getting one similar to this but a 7 string version:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gui...shop-xtrr.html
              Just remember that while the custom shop does fantastic work, they have been known to misread spec sheets and make assumptions about what the customer wants from time to time. So make sure that you're completely clear and specific about everything you want on the spec sheet, and send pictures too if you think that will help. Asking for update pictures would be a good idea too.

Your order will probably be fine, but you don't want to take chances when spending this much money.

The only real do's and dont's in terms of what to put on the guitar tends to be don't bother if all you want are a few minor tweaks over a production model. If it's almost the same as a production model then there's no point in spending so much more on a custom. But, since you want a seven string, that doesn't really apply!
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Nice bro - I just got my CS7 and it's just epic. Literally the best playing 7 string guitar I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbat View Post
                  yeah, don't forget mr. Chopped liver from willoughby music!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys...............Do any of you happen to know if I do a CS with Jackson if they can provide Lundgren M7 pickups?????

Also, any one have some specs on the Rustey Cooley Jackson he got made a while back? I think I wanna get one similar to this? (Im getting 2 guitars made...A RR 7 string and either a soloist or KV 7 cant decide)

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f20/ru...ing-56711.html

Comment

Thanks for the input guys...............Do any of you happen to know if I do a CS with Jackson if they can provide Lundgren M7 pickups?????

Also, any one have some specs on the Rustey Cooley Jackson he got made a while back? I think I wanna get one similar to this? (Im getting 2 guitars made...A RR 7 string and either a soloist or KV 7 cant decide)

I am fairly certain they can use any pickups provided you supply them. This is what I've heard, at least, but I stuck to SDs for my CS.

Personally I would do the soloist 7, but then again you COULD consider me biased. IMHO, KVs look goofy as sevens.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

I am sure they will put what ever you want in your Custom Guitar. Mike K., Cary I. & all of the guys are cool!

The best thing to do is go to the Jackson Website & down load the Custom Shop guitar form & fill it out to what you want. Then get it to one of us dealers so we can contact Mike Kotzen & fax him the form. Then he can tell you what they can & can't do.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/

Hope this helps!

Last edited by jacksonpc1; 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Cool thanks^......On the form how would I label the similar cutaway at the lower horn similar to rusteys?? Also if there is not a colorway listed do I just describe what color im looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                            Nice bro - I just got my CS7 and it's just epic. Literally the best playing 7 string guitar I've ever played.
                            Hey Djpharoah... what'd you get?? Pics??? (Not to hijack the thread...)
                            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

The best way is if you can get a pic of the color you want to submit with the form & a pic of the style of cutaway you want. The more details you can give & photos of other guitars in the style you want will asure you are getting the guitar you want. I hope this helps. Good luck on your dream guitar!

Cool thanks^......On the form how would I label the similar cutaway at the lower horn similar to rusteys?? Also if there is not a colorway listed do I just describe what color im looking for?

Comment

Working...
                              X