RR 1 - Custom shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 1 - Custom shop?

Hey guys! I came across this listing today and was curious if this really is custom shop as the guy claims to be: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/1974959789.html Thanks!

Looks like a regular USA Select RR1.

Sounds like their son needs an ass whoopin'!

Comment

Serial number would generally indicate if it's custom shop or not. (Some will have UO serials though.) The specs like USA select, the only thing throwing me off is I'm not sure if that bevel pinstriping was a standard finish or not. Price seems a bit on the high side, even for a CS. (IMO)
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Serial number would generally indicate if it's custom shop or not. (Some will have UO serials though.) The specs like USA select, the only thing throwing me off is I'm not sure if that bevel pinstriping was a standard finish or not. Price seems a bit on the high side, even for a CS. (IMO)
        The pinstriping was a standard finish. It's just a standard RR1.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It may well have been ordered, but that doesn't make it custom..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I wish my parents bought me an RR1...

Comment

The Shitar Center they ordered it through probably charged them a Custom Shop fee for having to order it.

Either that or the kid was dumb enough to pay CS fees for an RR1 with whatever pickups he wanted.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty much EVERYONE thinks their Jackson is CUSTOM SHOP.

Comment

Mine is a custom shop I ordered it without the custom shop logo. Its REALLY custom.............

This of course was a joke. But yes the trend seems to be that many feel their instrument is a custom shop. I will admit though I dont feel many actual CS instruments deserve the title for having a simple paint scheme that isnt exactly whats available at the time. I mean some CS instruments are CS because they have a simple pinstriping and cost alot more than even some graphic models. I think you should get a little more for your money
                  Last edited by Tmoran; 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like a regular to me too. with a heft price on it also!

Comment

no doubt. You can drive ten minutes away from where that guitar is at and buy a brand new unplayed rr1 for the same price. And you get a choice of color.

Comment

My Sam Ash got hosed on a deal like that... They had a beat to hell SL2H, hardly any play wear but some really fishy scrapes and bruises ("relic job") and they said the kid says the guitar is a "custom Jackson" and it "retailed for $2800" and they had $995 on it.

I guessed the serial as '05-ish and told them it's just a plain-old SL2H, solid color, $1800 minus a little cash-waving discount all day long. Last I was in there they had it marked down to $450 bucks. If it weren't for the suspicious crack near the HS (probably just a finish crack, not near the luthier's joint) I would probably have bought it but it really did look like it had been abused severely.

Anyway, point being, yeah, everybody tries that "custom Jackson" shit and sometimes it works.

Comment

well the kid didnt lie about the price as the "retail list" price is between 2600 and 3200 depending on the finish. Now thats list price not sale price. Its still bs though that he claimed it was a custom. But I dont mind him screwing over the big boys like that. They should have people working there that know better. You never take a customers word on something like that.

Comment

Uh, yeah, I realized that was the actual list price... The "lie" was pretending that anyone actually pays that. And that it was a Custom.

Comment

Working...
                            X