No announcement yet.

I Just can't do it, can't get rid of my Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you still like the soloist that much,,,don't rush and sell it for the Gibson. Put the Les Paul on the long term goal list,,,and just work towards it by saving a little at a time. I almost sold my soloist off this spring, and listed it here twice, as I was in a mad rush to get an Ibanez PGM300 reissue. I'm really into Ibanez guitars too, especially Jems, and I thought for a short time that I could do without the Jackson. Anyway, it took a while, but I was finally able to get the PGM while keeping my soloist, and every time I pick up my Jackson, I'm so thankful I didn't rush and sell it off. No guitar does it all, and as much as you'll love your new les paul when you get it,,,it won't be long until you long to pick up the Jackson again, too. I think you'll regret it.
    Last edited by lynchfan6; 09-30-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

You got to hang with the soloist....its just an iconic guitar. The LP can come to you as well in due time.

I know feel is different for anyone but I can't imagine a die hard LP player picking up a soloist and not thinking..."damn, this guitar just oozes playability" or something like that.

Sure, there's tone considerations, etc. but the soloist is so versatile.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I played vintage LPs for several years. Never figured I'd like anything else. In 1884 I bought a Soloist, then more Soloists.

I have never played metal. With the right pickup choice, string guage, and selection of the roller material < in the case of a Kahler > can result in great tone for any particular music type. It just isn't an issue I have run into.

Les Pauls, at least some of them, are a great choice. I had several of different years including '54's, '57's, '58's, '59's, and one '60. Some were better than others. Just being old, or flamey topped, or heavy or light doesn't guarantee a monster axe. I went to Jackson Soloists and have never looked back. I have one LP, but it might get played once every two years.

I wouldn't get rid of the Jackson. If you want a LP, buy one.

I don't miss any of the vintage LPs I had and sold. I did sell of a few San Dimas Soloists, those I wish I had back. I believe the Soloist I have now is an '86. I can't be absolutely sure though as it's an endorsement piece. IOW, no serial number.
        Last edited by 1fastdog; 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastdog View Post
          In 1884 I bought a Soloist, then more Soloists.

me I prefer Soloists and superstrats in general. Some strats are on my list as well. The LP never was, until maybe today, not something I wanted. I tried my old teachers LP a few years back and found the fret access to be horrible to say the least. Almost as bad as an acoustic. But the one corpsegrinder88 posted a few posts up looks like it would be a lot nicer, would be interesting to play one.
          I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

Keep the soloist and buy an LP (second hand to save money). They are very different beasts, so you may miss some of the sound / playability options if you get rid of your soloist. You cant beat the sustain / tone out a decent LP though.

Comment

Working...
            X