No announcement yet.

So I got this message this morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got this message this morning....

Some of you may remember a message I posted about a very close friend of mine and avid Custom Jackson collector a couple years back. I was told that, before she passed away, she was trying to locate me because she wanted me to have a couple of her guitars. Speciffically a Custom KV that I helped her pick out the graphic and helped her with the specs when she ordered it, and a Peavey Vandenburg that she knew I really liked. Unfortunately, when she died, another "friend" of hers got into the house and took off with all her valuables including her guitar collection before the will was even read.

Well, I got a message from an old friend this morning telling me about this Custom Jackson that he saw posted in a local forum for sale. When I followed the link guess what I found, you guessed it. The very Custom KV that I helped her order.

Now, I'm not mad at the guy who was selling it. From what he said in the thread, he took it in on a trade and, since this all happened 8 years ago, there's no telling how many hands that guitar has been in. It's just a little depressing because, I would love to have that guitar if nothing else, as something to remember her by.
    I did snag the pictures that he posted of it though, at least I have that, and I thought I would share them with you. Drool away.

Prosecutors will be violated...

Man that sucks dude.. Have you tried calling the dude or getting in touch with him and explain you knew her. and would love to have that guitar. most people are not greedy and would prolly work with ya.. worth a shot anyways..

Hope it works out...
    Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 09-30-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Not exactly the same scenario but I saw my Model '88 parted out and sold on Ebay...

You could report it stolen, if it was actually willed to you, I guess... You'd be screwing the guy who has it though. Maybe he would work with you on the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
        Man that sucks dude.. Have you tried calling the dude or getting in touch with him and explain you knew her. and would love to have that guitar. most people are not greedy and would prolly work with ya.. worth a shot anyways..

Hope it works out...
        From what I got from the forum post he'd already sold it for 1250.00 by the time I saw it.

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Not exactly the same scenario but I saw my Model '88 parted out and sold on Ebay...

You could report it stolen, if it was actually willed to you, I guess... You'd be screwing the guy who has it though. Maybe he would work with you on the price?
        Nah, I wouldn't do that to anybody except the a$$hole that took it. I've actually had very pleasant dreams at times about things I would do to that sleaze if I ever saw him again. I did want to share the pics though because it was a kick ass guitar. They don't really do it justice. BTW: she picked the graphic out from a picture in Omni Magazine. I believe it was around 1992 IIRC.

I will say this. Whoever has that guitar better take care of it, or not let me ever find out who they are!
        Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 09-30-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

It was on eBay recently, right? Reserve wasn't met.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think he said he had it on ebay for awhile yeas. I talked to the guy yesterday. He offered to hook me up with the guy he sold it to, but the lives in Germany so I'm not going to chase after it.

Comment

Just fyi,the guy from Germany is me. I bought that guitar and got it this week.

I'll post some better pics here if you want to see her again (those pics in ebay sucked!). Sadly the black binding on the fretboard was partly damaged when the guitar arrived here...

Seller says, that this was in no way before. I didn't find any parts of the binding in the guitar case, so my guess he is lying or does not know anything....but he said it was inspected before...

Really annoying but let's see what happens. Seller isn't very helpful and doesn't seem he'd like to help...

Comment

Customs probably broke it off and smoked it... Black hash binding, you know.

Comment

Sucks about the situation, dude. However, this is the exact reason why you wanna have a will and/or living trust set up- if homeboy had made off with stuff that was supposed to go to you, you could go after him legally. He'd be forced to come up with the stuff-in-question, or he'd be put in the slammer for theft.

Nice axes, too.

Comment

What are the odds?
                    Good one one, bad on the rest.

This is...

Comment

Originally posted by maggo View Post
                      Just fyi,the guy from Germany is me.
                      well now that you admit that you're the new owner guess you better take care of it. ha ha.

if you wanna be really, really cool, maybe offer the trem cover in exchange for a standard one to the OP. not as cool as the guitar, but i'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated. hell i'd be willin to throw $20 into the pot to make this happen....would this considered to be against the rules initiating some form of trade/sale outside the classifieds or a friendly action for a fellow member.....admins?
                      Last edited by jdr94; 10-25-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

That would be the best thing to do......................
                        Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                        History TH-LS Limited 2009
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

...and a Gentleman behaviour indeed
                          Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                          Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                          Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Yes, Magoo, I would like to have a few better pics if you don't mind and yeah, just the short time I spoke with the seller, I got the impression he knew nothing about guitars and was just trying to unload it and make a quick buck. I'm glad someone off of here got it though. At least now I feel better about its fate.

Originally posted by DrDestruction View Post
                            Sucks about the situation, dude. However, this is the exact reason why you wanna have a will and/or living trust set up- if homeboy had made off with stuff that was supposed to go to you, you could go after him legally. He'd be forced to come up with the stuff-in-question, or he'd be put in the slammer for theft.

Nice axes, too.
                            There WAS a will, The fact that no one knew (at the time) how to contact me and this guy had access to her house and took them before the will was read (and I suspect before she even passed while she was in the hospital) were factors in the situation. And me being 1500 miles away makes it a bit hard to pursue it legally.

Comment

maggo, would you be willing to sell the guitar to RH?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X