Why ivoroid binding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why ivoroid binding?

Anyone know why Jackson uses ivoroid binding on all of the USA models instead of black or something else?

I never really noticed on my other guitars but I recently picked up a snow white RR1 and I think it's odd that the binding doesn't match the body color.

I think the ivoroid binding is very classy looking. Nice color, nice texture to it. Classy.

You can get a Custom Shop Jackson with any color binding you want.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Black binding on an ebony fingerboard would be pointless.
      Scott

Comment

I want SEE THROUGH binding with LEDs in it!
        I like EL34s.

Comment

white looks cheap ala esp ltds that are now madein indonesia and again black is pointless and to me is used on the japanese made jacksons to cover up fret ends and how thin the ebony fretboards are.

Comment

Black on black does look classy up close. Depends on the overall color scheme i guess.

Comment

I really love the creme colored binding. But one does have to take into consideration of what color they pick their guitar with the cream. Like the natural guitars its almost indistinguishable from the wood. But I love it on my Candy green king v. Its got good contrast without looking cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                Anyone know why Jackson uses ivoroid binding on all of the USA models instead of black or something else?
                Because that's what most people want.
                Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                I never really noticed on my other guitars but I recently picked up a snow white RR1 and I think it's odd that the binding doesn't match the body color.
                If your binding matched the white paint, then the binding would look like someone simply painted the sides of the fretboard, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  If your binding matched the white paint, then the binding would look like someone simply painted the sides of the fretboard, right?
                  True. I think snow white might be the only color it would look goofy on. I never gave it a thought on my Trans Black or Ferrari Red Jacksons. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    white looks cheap ala esp ltds that are now madein indonesia and again black is pointless and to me is used on the japanese made jacksons to cover up fret ends and how thin the ebony fretboards are.
                    No binding on my Mark Morton model, but the ebony board is kinda thick.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The ivoroid binding on my gunmetal gray RR1T looks great. I think bright white would look stupid.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

also the ivoriod binding looks good with the mop sharkfins and the ebony board, it gives the look depth that white would not

Comment

For some reason ivoroid binding works with almost any other colorscheme
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

036.JPG

Perfectmatch onbinding i love it

Comment

I think Ivoroid with Snow White looks great on my SL2H...

Comment

Working...
                              X