Help with custom Jackson build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with custom Jackson build

I need help re-creating this Jackson Soloist SL2H in the custom shop spec form. Specifically the binding color, binding over frets, etc. Also bezels.

I don't know much about guitar hardware, so any help would be appreciated! Here's what I want to re-create, with my own modifications. http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargall...ustom/sU22999/

That is a stock SL2H...

Binding colour is Ivoroid or Cream (I did Ivoroid on my CS and they are close, IDK what cream looks like), binding shouldn't be over frets, and just Black bezels on a 2HUM layout. anything else?
    I like EL34s.

Comment

What is the headstock type in the "Finish" section? The three options are Normal, Reversed, and SLS. There's already an option of Normal or Reversed in the "Neck" section. Is this something different? I want a reversed headstock but am not sure what the difference is between the two options.

Comment

Don't do the reversed on both or else the 2nd reverse will unreverse the 1st one leaving you with a normal! Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe the neck section says determine the actual shape and the headstock finish how the logo will appear...but that doesn't make sense with the SLS.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

So it's ivoroid or cream on the binding? Is there any comparison pics anywhere? I can't find any.

Comment

Standard binding color on Jacksons is Ivoroid which is an off-white. Creme is more yellowed.
            The standard headstock is the "normal" Jackson headstock. Reversed is, well, reversed. The SLS is the 3+3 like this...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam, thanks for the reply. I understand the concept of normal and reversed headstocks, but on the spec form, there are two different options for it; "Headstock" option in the "Neck" Section, then "Headstock Type" in the "Finish" section. The difference (if any) between the two options is unclear to me.

Check it out here: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/

Comment

That's weird that it's in two sections. I think someone made a typo and accidentally added it on the form in the finish section.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Notice on one how its "Regular", and the other section it's "Standard". If it's intentional I just don't understand it.

Comment

Maybe the "normal" or "reversed" in the neck section is for the inlays?? I've never seen a CS order form.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                      Maybe the "normal" or "reversed" in the neck section is for the inlays?? I've never seen a CS order form.
                      No, it isn`t because in the neck section you have "Fingerboard Inlays" part and there you can choose what type of inlay you want.
                      Jackson Soloist SL1
                      Jackson Soloist SL3 - SD TB-5

Caparison TAT
                      ESP M-II

ENGL Savage SE
                      ENGL E570 SE preamp

Bogner 4x12 (V30's)

Comment

Toe is right - they just goofed, and put it in it twice in different areas.

"Headstock" under Neck section refers to direction - do you want the headstock regular or reversed?

"Headstock Type" under Finish section refers to shape - standard pointyhead, reversed (which isn't a shape) pointyhead, and SLS.

Even more confusingly, "Neck description" under Neck section also refers to headstock shape - "Jackson style" = pointyhead, "San Dimas style" is the old PC1 headstock (pre-strathead).

If you're downloading the form to send in as a spec sheet for a custom quote, just over-write the areas with your corrections to make your specs 100% clear. Includes notes too, if that helps. If the custom shop doesn't understand 100% clearly from the written work order, your guitar might not be built right.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                          T If the custom shop doesn't understand 100% clearly from the written work order, your guitar might not be built right.
                          ...and we can't have that!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            ...and we can't have that!
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

So San Dimas style is strathead headstock? I thought it was more a general neck construction thing. Although they have a special box for that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X