Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get other manufacturer's bridges in a Custom Shop guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get other manufacturer's bridges in a Custom Shop guitar?

What the title says (for example, Ibanez Floyd developments or other licensed trem systems).

Just send it in, should not be a problem.

Comment

Yes, I bet Jackson would LOVE to be asked to shred an Ibanez guitar to pieces ^^

Comment

"Just send it in, should not be a problem." - AK47

As in, ask for it on an order form, or buy the parts separately and send them in for installation?

Comment

I've occasionally seen STEINBERGEr trems on custom shop guitars. The same goes for the floyd speedloader which was originally intended for the Redmond.

If you're interested in a Low Pro, check out the floyd rose version. As for the Edge Zero, I have no idea what else to recommend.

Comment

The Original Edge is a great bridge, but they will need to route a lot on a jackson. If not, i'd say your best bet is a mid 90's Edge Lo-Pro model. These bridges are substantially superior over their floyd counterparts. The base plate is nice and chunky and with an upgraded brass block, you get a very nice tone and increase in sustain. They play extremly well and have amazing flutter. They stay in tune fantastically well and the edges dont wear out like some other bridges. I recommend them. Nothing wrong with a floyd, but the Edge is to locking bridges like GSP is to UFC

Comment

Originally posted by stryperfan View Post
              "Just send it in, should not be a problem." - AK47

As in, ask for it on an order form, or buy the parts separately and send them in for installation?
              Me personally I would buy the bridge and send it in. I would not count on Jackson to order the correct one and charge a competative rate for it.

Comment

I believe they've been doing this since day one. Back then you could only get an OFR in a Jackson is you bought one and sent it in.

Comment

There was an Custom Shop Adrenalize PC Archtop a while back that was factory outfitted with a Ibanez Edge trem. I found that kinda weird but they installed it all the same I guess.

Comment

There were a couple of PC Archtops with Edges - I guess the same customer ordered them both. Shawn has them both now..

http://charvels.com/guitars/jackson_collen1.html
                    http://charvels.com/guitars/jackson_collen2.html
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Guys,

I'm going to start a separate thread on the Original Ibanez Edge.

I don't know shit about Ibanez trems, and because of this, I've never pulled the trigger on an Ibanez for fear of getting the wrong trem.

I'll start this in the technical section.

Comment

Mainly I was wondering if an Ibanez Zero Resistance bridge would fit well in a Jackson. I'm not too fond of Ibanez, but their double-locking bridge developments seem interesting.

Comment

id love an Edge Pro in a kelly

Comment

I had a 1998 Jackson custom 7-string with an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge-7 trem, which was probably ordered that way by the original owner because that was the only high-quality 7-string trem in existence at the time.

You'd have to ask Jackson whether they would do that now, though, because it seems like they've tightened their policies on a number of things. And, in any case, you'd almost certainly have to send them the trem yourself, since Ibanez trems are not sold OEM or even aftermarket.

Comment

It's bullshit to use any other trem than the Floyd Rose. Now that Jackson offers it on their USA Production guitars, why would you want anything else? Sure, the Edge is good, Satch and Vai use it, right? But the Floyd is the trem to go by, why would you want anything else?
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X