Pawn shop find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn shop find

I was told about this guitar from the guy I brought my Quicksilver from, so when I drove past the shop today I had a look. I believe it is a Custom shop. Correct me if I am wrong though. There is some nicks in the paint and a block of wood with silicone blocking the floyd. Got the guy down to $1200, I think $1000 if you walked in with cash and waved it around.

Charvel CST 060 1992
    Charvel CST 070 1992
    Charvel CDS 090 1993
    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
    Duesenberg 49er 2012
    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
    History TH-LS Limited 2009
    History SH-LSV 2010

Should take another hundy off for getting Randy's name wrong!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Does it look like the real deal?? What are they worth??? Please not $400 RacerX. What is the market value of these and there history, year etc....
      Charvel CST 060 1992
      Charvel CST 070 1992
      Charvel CDS 090 1993
      Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
      Duesenberg 49er 2012
      Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
      History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Those look like OEM Bill Lawrence USA pickups that were in these in the mid 90s (my 1995 has them). Is that an OFR trem or a Schaller?

I don't know what it's worth in AUD, but with the issue you describe, I'd hope it would be less than $800USD considering this a pawn shop.

Also, why do you think it is a Custom shop? What does it have that's custom?

And that MIM Strat is way out of line too. $250USD, maybe $300 is it's new. Brand new in GC you can get these for $499 before haggling. I picked up a mint 2008 in GC for $237.50 + tax.
        Last edited by DonP; 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          And that MIM Strat is way out of line too. $250USD, maybe $300 is it's new. Brand new in GC you can get these for $499 before haggling. I picked up a mint 2008 in GC for $237.50 + tax.
          not in Aus, Don. If a pawnbroker sees "Fender" on the headstock, they whack a premium on it. If that is a base model Mexi, you might find one secondhand for $500. You are right that the price is out of line, particularly given they currently sell for around $800. Retail prices have come down the last few years, with the free trade agreement & the stronger Aussie dollar. Although it wasn't that long ago that the Deluxe Players models (now $1200) were selling for $1700.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Do all customs have floyds? I hope so...
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I was told it was a custom shop, I just had a quick look then put it back. I didn't want the pawn shop guy to think I was that interested. I don't know anything about these models that why the pic is up to learn from the JCF guys.
              Last edited by THOMO; 10-22-2010, 06:35 PM.
              Charvel CST 060 1992
              Charvel CST 070 1992
              Charvel CDS 090 1993
              Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
              Duesenberg 49er 2012
              Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
              History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

If you can snag it for a grand cash, do it. Who cares if it's CS?

Comment

It's tough to tell from that pic, but my bet is that it's not a custom shop, it's a Rhoads custom from the early / mid 90's. However, that looks like it might be an original Floyd not a Schaller.... The nut/trussrod look strange to me in that pic. Does it still have the locking nut?
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

If it's a production Rhoads, I'd pay half of what the sign says. With that control layout, it either has to be a custom shop or a changed/modified production model.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sooo they put floyds on the customs?????????????
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Did you get the serial number? That could help indicate whether it is custom or not. The control plate is definitely not standard, but any competent sheet metal place could bash one of those out.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The control plate seems original. It has got an extra hole drilled and one left empty.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That is maybe a 800 dollar guitar tops.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                              Sooo they put floyds on the customs?????????????
                              You can order a custom with any kind of bridge you want.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X