No announcement yet.

Pickup advice for custom shop rr1t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going custom shop why won't you get a full mahogany guitar?

Comment

Thought about mahog, but the price and sound....would want aa maple cap if I did though....still thinking....then I'd do the 36th Anniverary PUPs for sure!!! Thanks guys!!! Lovin' it!!!

Comment

If you want a middle-way solution try a mahogany body with maple neck. Mahogany is a standard wood so the price difference shouldn't be that big.

Comment

How about the BKP Painkiller and an SD Jazz to smooth it out, or would two painkillers be best? If O go custom, would Jackson put them in?

Comment

I mean, if I go custom...

Comment

It's CUSTOM so yes they would, custom shop means they would even build a guitar made of plastic bottles, anything you want as long as you pay for it. You would have to pay the pickups, they would be more expensive than the usual Duncans or EMGs, but that's all

On the other hand, 100 dollar extra on a 4k custom isn't much of an issue, is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                He said he wouldn't be playing heavy stuff exclusively, so maybe the X2N would be a bit too extreme, don't you think ?
                You can always turn down the gain on the amp; don't you think?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Of course you can, but it would be better if he put in a pickup that was a bit more versatile, not a pickup that is made for "only high gain" such as the X2N. I have played a guitar with the X2N... with high gain it sounded awesome, with low gain it sounded muddy and not clear at all. In his case he'd better go with a pickup that can handle any gain level, don't you think ? (this will become a very bad habit, don't you think ? ^^)

Comment

Originally posted by Skizzwizz View Post
                    How about the BKP Painkiller and an SD Jazz to smooth it out, or would two painkillers be best? If O go custom, would Jackson put them in?
                    Cold Sweat in the neck.
                    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                      Cold Sweat in the neck.
                      + 10,000
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                        Of course you can, but it would be better if he put in a pickup that was a bit more versatile, not a pickup that is made for "only high gain" such as the X2N. I have played a guitar with the X2N... with high gain it sounded awesome, with low gain it sounded muddy and not clear at all. In his case he'd better go with a pickup that can handle any gain level, don't you think ? (this will become a very bad habit, don't you think ? ^^)
                        I think the X2N sounds great clean or at lower gain, too. And the higher output the pickup is, the better it sounds when coil split if you need single-coil type sounds.

Comment

toejam, I'm not sure what you just said will help him, but it does help ME in fact quite a lot hehehe ^^. Anyway I'm not saying he should not consider the X2N after all

Comment

You all are great folks: too bad it may have turned me away from a CS: the rising costs make me laugh and cry simultaneously...Shoulda kept my old RR1T...damn grad school n GAS! Lol

Bareknuckles are hard to come by in Japan, so I'll have to think of something else. Any thoughts on the Duncan Invader? Great people here...my thanks and respect to ALL of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Skizzwizz View Post
                              You all are great folks: too bad it may have turned me away from a CS: the rising costs make me laugh and cry simultaneously...Shoulda kept my old RR1T...damn grad school n GAS! Lol

Bareknuckles are hard to come by in Japan, so I'll have to think of something else. Any thoughts on the Duncan Invader? Great people here...my thanks and respect to ALL of you!
                              I don't like it; it has a severe treble cut and I find it to be fizzy.

You would be ordering Bareknuckles direct so I am not sure there would be an availability problem.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

I had a pair of Invaders in an old Kelly XLR and thought they sounded great. James Hetfield used the Invader on Master of Puppets.

Comment

Working...
                                X