Pickup advice for custom shop rr1t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
    The best bridge pick up Ive ever heard in an Alder body, for metal, is BKP Painkiller.
    I have BKP Painkiller in my alder SL3. It`s really full sounding, crunchy pickup with tight bass and singing (not piercing) highs. I really like it.
    Jackson Soloist SL1
    Jackson Soloist SL3 - SD TB-5

Caparison TAT
    ESP M-II

ENGL Savage SE
    ENGL E570 SE preamp

Bogner 4x12 (V30's)

Comment

Wonderful people here, really!!! Thank you!! Thinking of getting a stock or used Jax now with all this great advice....could save some cheddar....lol

How about those cool BKP Warpigs?

Comment

The warpigs are pretty ballsy, and incredibly brootal 20 plus k rating I believe...

Cold sweat neck is a good choice, I personally havent liked anything i've heard from the painkillers really, maybea cold sweat set would suit you or a holy diver bridge /cs neck...or a diver set...

Send Tim an email he will get back to you fairly quickly and I cant see why they wouldnt be available to send to Japan...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I had a pair of Invaders in an old Kelly XLR and thought they sounded great. James Hetfield used the Invader on Master of Puppets.
          Wow, I didn't know that. My only experience with an Invader was stock in a WR1. It was well named.
          "Invader" It shouldn't have been there and I couldn't oust it soon enough.

Terrible pick up and I love Seymours usually.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
            Wow, I didn't know that. My only experience with an Invader was stock in a WR1. It was well named.
            "Invader" It shouldn't have been there and I couldn't oust it soon enough.

Terrible pick up and I love Seymours usually.
            Well ... to each his own.
            I didn`t have Invader in alder guitar but I did have it in basswood guitar and it suited very well to overall characteristics. Thick, clear, not muddy - from E standard to drop C it played very well.
            Jackson Soloist SL1
            Jackson Soloist SL3 - SD TB-5

Caparison TAT
            ESP M-II

ENGL Savage SE
            ENGL E570 SE preamp

Bogner 4x12 (V30's)

Comment

Again, you all are SAINTS!!!! Thank you! I talked to Tim at BKP and he was fantastic as well! He said the Warpigs would be great in the bridge...heard th Cold Sweats and liked them as well...looks like a match made in heaven to me!!! just checked out an ENGL Gigmaster 15 as well....looking like an early Christmas for this greedy dude.....Thank you all so much!

Now just to decide if I will get the CS or a stock....broke from GAS!!!! ha ha ha!

Comment

Get a CS then you'll have drooled enough ^^. Me wants some future pictures and impressions ^^.

Comment

Sorry, went and got a stock RR1T Absinthe Frost from Sweetwater...waaay cheaper, and talked to Tim @ BKP for a Warpig and will keep the Jazz in the neck, but will get TonePros an Sperzels in the future....please help me load pics when it comes....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Glad to know you all, and that ain't superficial!

Comment

Working...
                  X