Gold hardware on trans black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold hardware on trans black

I have a trans black WR1. It has black hardware at the mo. I was thinking of putting gold hardware on it, possibly with white pickups. I recently went on ebay to find a trans blue DK2 fitted with white Dimarzio's and gold hardware. Should I do the same to my trans black WR1, or will it look naff?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Gold, yes. White, no.

Comment

+1
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

white pickups "only" fit in SOME white guitars (but still most people prefer black ones) and in white pickguards? Your guitar is black, it has an aggressive shape, don't make it look ridiculours ^^. Black pickups definitely, and gold hardware looks pretty cool on black finishes. I'd say change the hardware and post pics !

Comment

Yep, if the guitar is pure white (i.e. Snow White) then white pickups work, and IMO they need white rings (not cream or black) but not on Trans Black, that would just look odd.

For a good idea of the overall outcome, take a look at a Mocha PC1. Gold looks great on Trans Black and Trans Blue!

Comment

Working...
          X