Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson RR Custom Shop,...

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so I would like to hear your opinions and/or comments on my new Jackson Randy Rhoads PCS RI Custom Shop guitar,...This wasn't my own custom order,...my dealer had this piece for sale as I describe it here,...I do not yet have the right to post pictures on this forum but I will hopefully do so very soon,...
    The guitar was built by Mike Shannon with the original (vintage) specs,...like the second Jackson guitar commissioned by Randy in the early '80's,...it features a 3 piece maple neck (through body), ebony board, small sharkfin inlays, poplar sides, vintage brass tune-o-matic bridge with RR V plate (string through body), ivoroid binding over neck, frets and headstock and Duncan JB (bridge), Duncan '59 (neck). The guitar is black with gold hardware.
    The logo is the "handpainted" gold stencil style and the truss cover is also gold (RR etching).
    I'm really thrilled with this guitar,...as it plays and sounds like a dream through my Soldano head.
    Maybe someone has a similar model,...?! It would be fun/nice to compare the 2 pieces,...
    I appreciate your input...
    Thanks.
    Last edited by alexisvon; 11-04-2010, 02:00 AM.

Sounds very promising but you won't get any answer here without pics....

Comment

I think it's awesome!!!!

:think:Oh wait, I can't see it... nevermind...
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
        Sounds very promising but you won't get any answer here without pics....

Sorry guys,...I really wish I could post pics,...I would have attached several pictures already,...if I could,...but I'm only a "junior member"...!
        Does anyone know how long I need to wait to be allowed to post pics ?
        As soon as I can,...I'll most many photos....Promised !
        Peace.

Comment

You need to upload the pictures to a site like flicker, imageshack, or photobucket and then link them here.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

follow this link.... http://www.imageshack.us

Inside there you will be able to upload the pictures. Just use the browse tab and select the files you want to upload. You can upload quite a bit at the same time. You dont need to input your email btw...When you are done, press upload and the page will take some time to load up. Once it is loaded, it will show you a page with plenty of links to copy past. I suggested looking in the bottom right corner, and where it will say ''html'' press on it and change it to direct link. Copy those and paste them on here and simply add [img] before the link and [/img] at the end and the picture shall be visible to all here. If you uploaded 5 or 10 at the same time, just copy past those suffix and prefixes and it wont take too long

Comment

Jackson RR Custom Shop (& Charvel Koa custom shop),...pictures...!!!

Here are some pictures of my new Jackson RR Custom Shop guitar,...along with one of my previoulsy owned Charvel Koa Custom Shop....
              I hope the pictures aren't too small,...if so, I'll try to perfect my pic-posting skills very soon,...
              Thanks
              Last edited by alexisvon; 11-04-2010, 02:01 AM.

Comment

More photos...hopefully larger !!!

Thanks Fender man, for your help !
                Hope you enjoy the pics,...

Comment

Looks very old school!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes !!! I guess it's supposed to be a replica of Randy's "old school" second Jackson guitar fro the early 80's...
                    I love it !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Very cool! Wonder why they didn't go the extra mile and request non-logo'd pickups from Seymour Duncan and forgo the "CS" logo on the headstock.

Either way, sweet guitar. Congrats!

That Charvel is pretty smokin' too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Very cool! Wonder why they didn't go the extra mile and request non-logo'd pickups from Seymour Duncan and forgo the "CS" logo on the headstock.

Either way, sweet guitar. Congrats!

That Charvel is pretty smokin' too.
                          You could rub the logo off. It comes off rather easily.

You could probably tape the pole pieces, then rub with steel wool and it would scratch off. Then remove tape and use compressed air to get rid of anything left over.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Congrats, nice ax!

Comment

Can't rub the CS logo off .

I have removed the logo from SD pickups in the past. Unfortunately it usually leaves the plastic a bit foggy.

To my knowledge there's no up-charge for requesting a pickup from SD w/o the logo. Which they did for the 25th Anniversary models. Just seems odd they didn't do it for these as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X