New Jackson RR Custom Shop,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    Very cool! Wonder why they didn't go the extra mile and request non-logo'd pickups from Seymour Duncan and forgo the "CS" logo on the headstock.
    Eh, I LIKE the little Custom Shop logo, so if I ever ordered a CS I'd damn well want it on there!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have one of the PCS Rhoads guitars from 1994. It remains one of my favorite and best playing Jacksons! Are you sure yours has a JB and 59 for the pickups? Reason I ask is that Rhoads' original had a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Jazz neck pickup. Nice looking Rhoads you got there of course! Congrats!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Kickass Rhoads, for sure!
        Strange that the first volume knob is so low and it's too bad that you can't get plates without the screw in the center anymore.
        You can get rid of the duncan logos without losing the bobbin shine by using a mild abrasive; the stuff you use to clean ceramic cooktops works nicely.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Oh crap, saw the other pictures - LOVE the logo.... That's so freekin' cool.

Sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I agree, the SD logos on the pickups and the CS logo on the headstock doesn't match the original RR specs from the early 80's,...It doesn't really matter to me though,...I think the logos look quite cool...especially the CS logo,...?!
            I am sure that the pickups are JB and '59 though,...at least that's what my dealer told me on his spec sheet,...?! The bridge pickup (JB?) does, indeed, have that rather strong midrange spike and doesn't seem to be as hot as a Duncan Distortion would be,...Roodyrocker,...good point though !

Comment

Don't touch a damn thing on that guitar.
              Certainly do not attempt anything with wire wool on a custom shop Jackson.
              I've never heard anything so ridiculous!

The guitar is beautiful and classy and I'm not even a big fan of RRs. Love it!
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Don't worry Mazrim man !!!
                I wasn't planning on touching anything at all on my guitar,...you're absolutely right,...I understand our fellow forum members' comments but I really like the guitar as it is,...
                Thanks for the kind comments !!!
                Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by alexisvon View Post
                  Don't worry Mazrim man !!!
                  I wasn't planning on touching anything at all on my guitar,...you're absolutely right,...I understand our fellow forum members' comments but I really like the guitar as it is,...
                  Thanks for the kind comments !!!
                  Peace.
                  Yeah, I wasn't suggesting you change or alter anything.

No big deal. Guitar looks great regardless.

Comment

Very nice guitar! Love the old-school specs.

Comment

Excuse my pantomime outrage.

Comment

What about a little acetone on a q-tip, wouldn't that take the SD logo off the pickup?

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        Kickass Rhoads, for sure!
                        Strange that the first volume knob is so low and it's too bad that you can't get plates without the screw in the center anymore.
                        You can get rid of the duncan logos without losing the bobbin shine by using a mild abrasive; the stuff you use to clean ceramic cooktops works nicely.

Comment

What's wrong with SD logos?

Comment

I think Sully had the right suggestion for the SD logo with the Magic Eraser things. They shouldn't dull the shine too much. I may have to experiment on a spare pickup laying around.

Awesome guitar by the way. Love it! One day I dream of having a soloist with the hand painted logo. I'm already at my quota for RR's.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have an LTD Rhoads that was built for the 1997 NAMM show. It too has the CS logo on the headstock and I would not attempt removing it! I like it. As for the pickup logos you have, it wouldn't bother me either and I'd leave those alone. If you are trying to make it a more exact replica then I'd just change out the pickups with non-logo'd Distortion and Jazz to be more correct anyway. In any event, I think your guitar looks absolutely killer as is. I'd leave it alone and enjoy it
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Here is a pic of my PCS.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                                X