No announcement yet.

New Jackson RR Custom Shop,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! I had a black RR1T done up with similar specs.
    001-4.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
      What about a little acetone on a q-tip, wouldn't that take the SD logo off the pickup?
      Yes, it will take it off but NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

No acetone on plastic, or your guitar's finish- it will soften/pit it.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I think Sully had the right suggestion for the SD logo with the Magic Eraser things.
      I don't know what the Magic Eraser thing is but I trust Sully.

I use rubbing compound.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
        What's wrong with SD logos?
        Nothing really.

I just found it odd that for an early 80's themed guitar like this that Jackson didn't request the pickups without the logos so they would better fit with the theme of the guitar. Like they did with the 25th anniversary KV and Kelly.

Just little details. Didn't mean to cause an uproar or make it sound like I was suggesting he sandblast his CS logo/SD logo off the headstock/pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
          Kickass Rhoads, for sure!
          Strange that the first volume knob is so low and it's too bad that you can't get plates without the screw in the center anymore.
          You can get rid of the duncan logos without losing the bobbin shine by using a mild abrasive; the stuff you use to clean ceramic cooktops works nicely.
          Take Sully's advice over mine.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Had to jump in again....I have been checking this thread and I just have to say...damn! Fo some folks hate advertising for Seymour so much that they maim their axes? Steel wool? Acetone????? I'm hoping those guys were joking......

Comment

I know someone who got the SD logos off using toothpaste and something else. It worked without dulling the finish as well.

I agree with Brian, I hate it when someone does a vintage spec guitar then does one or two little things to make it wrong if you want a TRUE vintage spec axe.

I also think it is a awesome guitar and I for one love my 84 string thru custom RR.

Comment

Well, I guess I started a rather heated debate on whether vintage specs guitars should be completely "original looking", complying with the "true" originals or not,...?!
                However, this is not why I bought the guitar,...to copy Randy's original...but because of how this particular one looked, played and sounded ! And I'm really happy with it !
                Your own RR's seem fantastic too,...thanks for the informative replies and photos !
                Peace.
                Last edited by alexisvon; 11-04-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Nah, dude, no matter what you post, SOMEONE will suggest that SOMETHING needs to be changed, to make it perfect.

Personally I think it needs a recessed Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    Yes, it will take it off but NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

No acetone on plastic, or your guitar's finish- it will soften/pit it.

I don't know what the Magic Eraser thing is but I trust Sully.

I use rubbing compound.
                    Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Acetone will impact the integrity of the pickup material - don't use it.
                      The stuff I use is just a mild abrasive that you use to clean cooktops. I've got a how-to for this process in an upcoming episode of Sully's Guitar Garage.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The only thing that needs to be changed on it is the owner, you need to send it to me Its a kickass guitar, enjoy it
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Good one Rudy !!! Thanks for the kind words,...However, you also seem to have a similar guitar,...as I can see on the small photos near your name on this forum,...I'd love to see some pics of your guitars,...you have 2 (1 Black/1 White) on the photos,...
                          Take care guys,

Alexis.

Comment

Working...
                          X