The Happy Accident....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The color is wicked!!
    Never cared for Kellys myself, but this one....mmm, tasty!!!

Comment

That is an awesome kelly! Congrats. I would love to have a kelly like that. How about a shot of the back?

Comment

Back

Here's a shot of the back. Nothing surprising there!

It arrived with the Original JT6 (promptly removed!) and it does have one of the Jackson Active Circuits in there...not sure which one, but it sounds pretty good!

This one runs on two 9-volt batteries.

Pickups are J90 Bridge and J50 Neck.

Neck is very wide & flat feeling.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Cool Kelly! When did they stop making the King Kelly? There's currently a 1985 Kelly on ebay (not mine) that still looks like a mid-size one (maybe I'm wrong though). If that's true, did they stop the King size in 1984?!
          Here the link:
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
            Cool Kelly! When did they stop making the King Kelly? There's currently a 1985 Kelly on ebay (not mine) that still looks like a mid-size one (maybe I'm wrong though). If that's true, did they stop the King size in 1984?!
            Here the link:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_617wt_1139
            1984 is about right. The first few King Kellys were called 'Special Explorers' in the log book. Maybe 20-25 of those before they changed the size.

They started with the mid-size version in late '84-early '85 as Custom Orders. These were never a production guitar.

Sammy Hagar had a cool red with yellow bevels mid-size he played around 1985.

That red/gold one on Ebay IS a mid-size...too bad it has the kiss of death Kahler! It's probably a great guitar though!
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Really nice ! I actually like Kellys a lot,...I didn't know that they made 3 different sizes though ...!?
              Enjoy !!!
              Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                and I bid what I thought would be a low price ($1350 USD) on this Kelly, not expecting to win it. Of course I WON IT :shock:
                All I'll say is

Nice guitar. How do you like the pickups?

I have only one JT6 guitar, a USA Dinky. I have yet to get a bar for it, but it doesn't seem too bad. What is so bad about these trems?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  I'd refinish it, but other than that, looks mint and I bet it's great. Grats.
                  Nah, looks great as is anyway, why would you refinish something like that? It looks bloody amazing!
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment