Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson Custom Shop Guitar Arrival - Kelly Solar :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on Sully's comment. Always tasteful. The back binding + old school logo is awesome.

Comment

The back binding really sets it apart from everything else I've seen.
      Love it!
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

damn.. that things friggin sexy..lol

Comment

Those Kelly's are awesome, and the logo's just complete the guitars.

I always liked the gold "pen wrote" logo..

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            I have tried them, and totally agree. The fatter knob on the Schallers is definitely easier on the fingers. Both are great but the shafts on the Sperzels are a little stiffer and less likely to move so, IMHO, they have a small edge in tuning stability.
            I haven't tried it but I am pretty sure you can adjust their resistance by tightening/loosening the screws holding the buttons on. That's why they use the teflon bushing there on the shaft.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Awesome, classy, different, nice axes!!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Whats up with the tip of the headstock though, did they do a crappy job masking off the tip or is it a reflection? I cant tell, but I have seen that before on a few USA's.
                Just a reflection of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                  How long did that one take?
                  I ordered it in early June of '09.

Comment

That kicks ass! Love the rosewood board.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's just beautiful. I want one!!
                      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Great choices on this one, Pat. It's a classy looking guitar and I love the BRW fingerboard!! Congrats and enjoy.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Both of those look great. Congrats!

Comment

You have great taste in colors, that looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks again, guys.

Now that I've had it for a couple of days, I'm starting to get some first impressions. Most interesting was A/B-ing these two guitars against each other, as they have very similar specs. That was intentional - I loved the Trans Plum so much, I wanted another one similar to it. Same woods, same pickups, same hardware, same neck construction, etc.

So, other than finishes and fretboards, you'd think they would be pretty alike, right? Well, surprisingly, they have very distinct personalities - especially tone-wise. The Trans Plum has more of an open-voiced tone. The best way I can think of describing it is like having tone chambers. It also has more top end bite, which I attribute to the ebony fretboard. The Solar Burst one has a more chunky tone. And it has a distinctly deeper mid-range, coming from the brazilian rosewood. So - in a good way - I was pretty surprised at how pronounced the difference in tone results from just different fretboard woods. I'm really digging the feel and look of the brazilian - now I know why it's so desired. But I'm digging the tone even more.

And, in a very cool way, the tone differences suit the vibe I was going for in these two guitars. When I ordered the second one, I was going for a visual theme that was a "light" version to compliment the Plum one's "dark" appearance. But, tone-wise, they're the opposite of their looks - the Solar Burst is "dark" to the Plum's "lightness".

...And, with that, I've probably now dived waaaayyyy too deep into guitar-geekdom.

Comment

Working...
                                X