Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Reverse Headstock Jackson Content ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Reverse Headstock Jackson Content ;)

Picked this up recently since I just couldn't pass up the fr00t color and to have a younger sister to my CS7 with another reverse headstock SL2H. I believe it was a Jackson Custom Shop run on JCF and this one belonged to MikerNaut.

Anyways I got it two days ago - installed EMGs 81/85 (I know I know) and gave it a crazy setup with 9-42 in E standard. It's so damn fast and shreddy. I'm just not enjoying the 81 in the bridge and will be swapping the 85 into the bridge and have put the 81 up for trade. Let's see how that goes.

Here are some pics that I took today in the sunlight hoping to highlight the paint color. It's extremely hard to get the color since it's a metallic flake absinthe frost color and just looks a lot better in person.

I have nicknamed this the Hulk and will be working to get purple components for it soon

That has almost everything I would wish for: green, rev, and Soloist. Would look nice on my wall next to my Dweezil. Damn nice.

Years ago, I upgraded my first Jackson with EMG's and opted for an 81 in the bridge. It was way too much pickup. I switched it to an 85 as well. Smoothed out the gain and tamed the feedback I was getting.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
      That has almost everything I would wish for: green, rev, and Soloist. Would look nice on my wall next to my Dweezil. Damn nice.

Years ago, I upgraded my first Jackson with EMG's and opted for an 81 in the bridge. It was way too much pickup. I switched it to an 85 as well. Smoothed out the gain and tamed the feedback I was getting.
      Yeah I'm finding the 81 to be too thin and not enough meat on the bones type of thing. I'm going to try the 85 in the bridge and maybe get an 89 in the neck.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Screw the purple hardware, get some green bareknuckles and rock out!

(I love these ones. Please no purple! I beg you!)
            I like EL34s.

Comment

That RULES!!!
              Ratt & Roll

Comment

Very Nice!!!

Comment

Nice!!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I remember this run. Someone totally greenified theirs, I forget who it was though. Grats on the new baby!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I want it! Gimme gimme gimme!
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Trying to score an 89 for the neck or maybe another 85. The 81 is good but it's very aggressive in the neck where as I like fluidity in my neck pup.

Comment

Yeah, I think green pickups and chrome hardware.

But it's not my guitar, so... :dunno:

Comment

If you want to keep EMG active pickups in there, might I suggest an 85 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck ? You'll hear some people telling you it's as cool as it sounds unusual ^^. 85b/89n is also nice...

Oh and please no purple on this guitar... purple is my favourite color but on this guitar, flashy green, it would be fugly as hell. Please don't, keep the hardware as it is !

Comment

I'll prolly end up keeping it the greenish - not sure how purple would look and this color scheme is really working on me.

Also I'm trying to get either an 85n/85b setup going or an 89n/85b setup. Till then the 81 will have to suffice or until I can trade it.

Comment

Working...
                              X