Do I need to go custom for this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to go custom for this ?

Well, I'm a big lover of Rhoads-shaped guitars (I'm looking forward to buy two RR24s next summer and I'll customize them). But I'm also a modern shredder, which means I'm addicted to 24 frets.

If there is a guitar I'd really love, it would be a RR1 Lightning Sky with 24 frets. The EXACT same as a RR1 but with a 24-fret board. So here's the title question : do I need to go Custom Shop or could I ask them just to make me a special RR1 with 24 frets ? I'm asking because CS is expensive as hell and since I just want two more frets, I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary to make a real CS guitar just for that. I hope they could just take a 24-fret neck, glue the wings around, and send it to me.

Do you know if this needs CS ?

Yes.

Comment

Get an RR24 and have it painted.

Comment

yeah but where can I get the exact Jackson Lightning Sky graphic painted ? I live in France, dammit !

Comment

You might find someone local to air brush it, but you could also get a KV, 24 frets, and lightning sky was an option.
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
            yeah but where can I get the exact Jackson Lightning Sky graphic painted ? I live in France, dammit !
            If you want it painted, send it to Mike Learn
            Just kidding ... but it would be awesome and you would get real Jackson Lightning Sky graphic
            Jackson Soloist SL1
            Jackson Soloist SL3 - SD TB-5

Caparison TAT
            ESP M-II

ENGL Savage SE
            ENGL E570 SE preamp

Bogner 4x12 (V30's)

Comment

Also look out for Jackson Stars.. every bit of an RR1 as i do have both. They are great guitars.. hard to find. but most are neckthru 24 frets. and a damn sight cheaper than a CS.. with no year long wait... and just have MIke Paint it.. He is the bee's knee's!!
              Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 11-11-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

take a look at an Alexi Laiho ESP. They have 24 frets. I think edwards make a 2 hum version, It wouldn't exactly be a jackson, but it will be cheaper than a CS. Then it's time to get it painted.

Comment

I like how you use the word special instead of custom to convince yourself that you are not looking for a custom shop piece.:think:

Comment

You could take this request to the Limited Edition department. Perhaps there are others that fancy a 24 fret RR1?
                    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '13 Gibson M-III
                    Taylor 214CE
                    Dean 6-string Bass
                    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                      take a look at an Alexi Laiho ESP. They have 24 frets. I think edwards make a 2 hum version, It wouldn't exactly be a jackson, but it will be cheaper than a CS. Then it's time to get it painted.
                      I have an ESP SV Standard which is an Alexi with two active pickups (and dot inlays). I don't want more of these because they are really bigger than RRs and also because on these you can't place the thumb of your fretting hand further than on the side dot of the 17th fret whereas on a Rhoads you can go up to the 19th. Not sure if you get my point but this is a serious issue for me and my smally hands.

I've been suggested a KV, I hate KVs ^^. I don't like Vs with identical horns ^^.

I'll take a deeper look into the Jackson Stars thing though... and about the Limited Edition department, I have strictly no idea how it works... can anyone tell me please ?

Comment

Go to the section that says Limited Edition Guitars on this forum. Then post a suggestion and see if you can get 10 people to agree. Good luck on that one cause lots of finicky folks are going to address your post. Take a look and see some of the ideas there. Or do like I said and get an RR24 and just get it repainted.

Comment

Best bet is to get a refin on an RR24. Even if you can get 10 to agree on an LE, it's still going to cost you a lot more.

Comment

Okay... for the refin, where ? As I said, it's really for the Lightning Sky graphic (the only graphic I like apart from swirls), but there's no Mike Learn in France ! Do you really think I could send it overseas and have him paint me the real graphic ? And how much does a ML refin cost ?

Comment

Talk to Mike Learn. Buy an RR24 online..ship it to Mike direct from the online store you bought it from. Have him do the work you want done. Have him ship it to you in France. Shorter wait time and hell of a lot cheaper than Custom Shop. Mike ships it to you once completed. Problem solved.
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X