Jackson custom shop quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson custom shop quote

Has anyone out there had any issues trying to get a quote. I submitted a quote to three of the top dealers two weeks ago and still no quote or follow up. Nothing! Is jackson slow or do the dealers not want a sale?

Call them

Comment

When I did my CS, I went through Matt's Music and qot a quote right on the phone.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Took them (Jackson) about a month to get a quote back to my dealer when I ordered my last one (2008).

Comment

IIRC my quote took a few weeks.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

If I were a dealer and someone sent me an email with a quote request, I'd probably delete the email. If he's not serious enough to call, he's not serious enough to buy. Maybe it's just me.
            Scott

Comment

Yeah, you need to call unless you already have an established relationship with a CS dealer...
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I actually walked in and asked for it. :|
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  If I were a dealer and someone sent me an email with a quote request, I'd probably delete the email. If he's not serious enough to call, he's not serious enough to buy. Maybe it's just me.
                  I'm several timezones away. In my case the dealer is usually not at work when I am and I cost alot to call to the US. I've sent e-mail everytime. Never been an issue. Have you tried Matt's music? He's done my three or four latest Jacksons and he usually replies fast.
                  '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

This is the 21st Century. If anyone thinks a hard-sell over the phone is still the best way to get my money, they can suck it. Email FTW, get with the program.

However, I can attest to the issue that submitting the same thing to 3 different dealers gets a chuckle from Jackson, and probably from the dealers. And your request is probably in the trash because of it. Nothing wrong with shopping around IMO, but that's just me.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I were a dealer and knew you had submitted the same specs for a custom quote to several other dealers, I wouldn't even bother responding to you either. Try negotiating with one dealer, first.

Comment

It's probably taken about this long for Jackson to let each dealer know that this is the third quote they have done for the same guitar...

Comment

Response

Hey Guys, thanx for the feedback. I called the dealers before I submitted the quotes like they said. Unfortunately follow calls don't work. One of the dealers gave me a run around and when I finally spoke spoke to the salesperson he was a douchebag who didn't care about the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            You kind of have submit the spec sheet for the quote. And unless you're dealing locally your options are email or fax.

I think most dealers are (or at least should be) aware that some people shop around and that some folks will not buy from you despite asking for a quote. It comes with the territory. If they disregarded every email/fax that came into their shop odds are they wouldn't have a shop for very long.

Comment

A couple years back I sent in a request to one dealer only. The dealer dicked me around for 3 months with no quote saying "Jackson was backed up". I though it was total BS. and I gave up.

Interesting to learn that this dealer is no longer listed on Jackson's web site as a auth custom shop dealer. Now the funny part is they were getting lots of CS guitars made for them and listing them on Ebay. Another dealer told me a CS quote would take 1-2 weeks at best.

So, it's pretty clear the dealer I spoke with was giving me BS so I would buy one of the CS guitars they had in stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X