No announcement yet.

Jackson custom shop quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me, email me, PM me, use live chat on my site... I'll get you a price quote one way or the other!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    --------------------------------
    Fender Custom Shop Dealer
    6 months 0% Financing Available
    Jackson/Charvel Custom Shop Dealer
    Grosh, Suhr and Anderson Guitars Dealer
    Splawn, Bogner and Mesa/Boogie shipped anywhere in the USA!
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Oooh, if I make 2 more posts I'll break 3300. Woohoo!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Well, now that just looks wrong. Here's one more to even everything out.

Comment

I can't say anything for any of the other dealers here, but I went through Matt and it was an extremely smooth transaction. If I ever order another Jackson it will be through him. Just saying.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Jackson doesnt actually make guitars anymore. They just do quotes that take three months, and then you sit around until you forgot you ordered it. Its extremely profitable, like 100% profitable.
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

response

Hey guys, I didn't send it to 3 dealers at the same time. I wouldn't waste their time. I waited over a week before sending to the next dealer after not getting a response by phone or email. I might just say F-it and buy an Adrian Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                If I were a dealer and someone sent me an email with a quote request, I'd probably delete the email. If he's not serious enough to call, he's not serious enough to buy. Maybe it's just me.
                If that's the way you'd treat a potential sale you'd make a shit businessman.
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                  If that's the way you'd treat a potential sale you'd make a shit businessman.
                  Just what I was thinking. How hard is it to get a quote? Just pass the spec sheet on, I assume. If that could potentially get you a several thousand $ sale, then pass on every quote request you get!
                  I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Contact Matt and I'm sure he'll get you your quote. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from him and he always answers me back right away whether through phone or e-mail. Having said that, I really don't see anything wrong with someone asking for a quote from multiple dealers. Not everyone is a JCF regular and knows that they're basically repeating the same thing two or three times. Most people look at buying a custom ordered Jackson the same way they do a car. They think they are shopping for the best deal.
                    Anyway, to the OP, save yourself some time and contact Matts Music
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Let's use Matt as an example. If quoted a price by Matt,I SERIOUSLY doubt any other dealer is going to beat his price by enough to make it easy to decide to deal with someone else,but maybe I'm wrong.

The consensus is that street price is roughly 40% off retail. Does Fender give "bro" pricing to it's dealers so they can offer 50% or more off retail and still turn a profit? I wouldn't think so.

The only time I've even asked for a quote,Matt had it to me in less than an hour,but maybe that was just luck. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I agree about Matt, he takes care of his customers.

Comment

It's not always the Dealers fault, see it works like this......you send us the quote sheet, then we fax it to Jackson (FMIC) then they work up the quote & call us back. If they take a week to let us know then it takes the dealers a week to pass the word on, if it takes them 2 weeks, then it takes us 2 weeks, etc......

We are at there mercy.

There are times I have had quotes back in 10 min. & times I wait 2 weeks & I am sure it is the same for all the other dealers. It is frustrating.

We will match any advertised price but we have to see where it is advertised or a quote from another authorized dealer because anyone can say they can get it for less somewhere else.

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
                          Let's use Matt as an example. If quoted a price by Matt,I SERIOUSLY doubt any other dealer is going to beat his price by enough to make it easy to decide to deal with someone else,but maybe I'm wrong.

The consensus is that street price is roughly 40% off retail. Does Fender give "bro" pricing to it's dealers so they can offer 50% or more off retail and still turn a profit? I wouldn't think so.

The only time I've even asked for a quote,Matt had it to me in less than an hour,but maybe that was just luck. Tommy D.

Comment

I think the OP's problem though is he didn't even get a "We are working on this quote for you" type of response from the dealers he contacted, just dead air.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Funny, on one of the Les Paul forums a guy was complaining that Gibson said it could take up to 90 days for a quote on what basically was just a different color Les Paul! Guys over there couldn't understand when I said there is no way it should take them that long to quote that. I love Jackson!
                              So, did the OP contact one of our couple sponsoring dealers who responded in this thread? I'm sure they could get him his quote within a reasonable amount of time.
                              Last edited by roodyrocker; 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                                Jackson doesnt actually make guitars anymore. They just do quotes that take three months, and then you sit around until you forgot you ordered it. Its extremely profitable, like 100% profitable.
                                LMAO, I thought I remembered putting a deposit down for something, but just couldn't remember what. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X