Hard Rock Strat out of the shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Rock Strat out of the shop!

This is one cool guitar. Unfortunately, when I got it it had a non-original nut that was sticky as hell, and causing tuning issues...even with the stringlock locked down! Instead of having a new one made, I opted to go for another Floyd locking nut conversion. This one came out nice and clean. It remains a top-drilled nut. A custom truss cover was made. I swapped out an OFR with a big block for the JT6, installed a wood block for detune only, and added a D-Tuna. This guitar is a blast!

Nice conversion - looks well done.

Comment

Damn, the rosewood looks thicker than the maple on that neck near the headstock.

Looks like a nice guitar. How is it acoustically with that finish? Is it dead, extra ringy, or just normal?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah these usually have HUGE slabs of rosewood or ebony. It is admittedly a super thick type of finish, but damn if it doesn't sound punchy to me. In fact, this may be the best sounding J90C that I have. The finish is like armor, and is kind of cool in that I can knock it around and not even worry about it.

Comment

Looks like a shredders axe That stone finish is cool and I guess it's different on every guitar? (different cracks, etc). Enjoy it!
          Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Coolness

Awesome JT6 conversion...the cleanest I've seen.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby8 View Post
              Looks like a shredders axe That stone finish is cool and I guess it's different on every guitar? (different cracks, etc). Enjoy it!
              That one is different than the Granite models without the cracks. I believe this finish is called Earthquake or something like that, and it does kick ass!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                Awesome JT6 conversion...the cleanest I've seen.
                Thanks, my luthier did the "heavy lifting" there. I may fill in the old stringlock holes when I get motivated. Ebony dust and glue maybe? It doesn't really bother me.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That one is different than the Granite models without the cracks. I believe this finish is called Earthquake or something like that, and it does kick ass!
                Earthquake eh? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  FWIW, I was just poking around in the trem cavity and the paint is spec'ed as simply "Rock" there.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Thanks, my luthier did the "heavy lifting" there. I may fill in the old stringlock holes when I get motivated. Ebony dust and glue maybe? It doesn't really bother me.
                    I would cut a toothpick slightly below flush, glue it in, let it dry, and then drop-fill it with some black lacquer. Black is easy to match.

I've seen a few of those. Actually I think I saw the auction for that one, did you get it a few months back?

Comment

Working...
                    X