# RR0202 83' RR Jackson USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # RR0202 83' RR Jackson USA

I love the sound of this guitar. It was the 1 st batch of the RR Jacksons. It has a Kahler on it. I got this guitar in 98'. I just replaced the old Kahler 2300 Pro Series with a new Kahler 2315 Pro series. Much better tone and sustain and stays in tune 10 times better than the older Kahler. I also changed the PU to EMG ZW Set 81-85. Sound incredible. The guitar is in mind condition. IMO nothing plays nicer than the older RR Jacksons USA. I have a 81' Custom Gibson Les Paul I got in 81' it was 6 months old when I bought it, best playing guitar I've ever played. But this Jackson sounds so awesome. I would never sell either one of these guitars ever. Next I will get new Schaller M6 Mini Locking Tuners. I still have all the old hardware. CANT POST

if it has a locking nut, why change the tuners? DERP!
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

"Mind condition"

And...
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
        if it has a locking nut, why change the tuners? DERP!
        If it's got a Kahler, it's probably got one of those Kahler "behind-the-nut" locks. Locking tuners should help a little, unless he wants to go for a fully Floyd nut conversion.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All righty then!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            If it's got a Kahler, it's probably got one of those Kahler "behind-the-nut" locks. Locking tuners should help a little, unless he wants to go for a fully Floyd nut conversion.
            Eh??

I think you may be confused....A locking nut is a locking nut. Takes the tuners out of the equation.

If it has a 'locking nut', there is no point in locking tuners too.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I'm not confused. It's really not a nut. The strings still go over the regular nut and have that stupid behind-the-nut string lock that doesn't work that well. They do okay with a JT6/Floyd trem but still don't stay in tune that great. The locking tuners will help it stay in tune better if the strings tend to slip.

Comment

Joe, the strings can't slip if the nut is locked, so the tuners are not an issue here as Hellraiser said.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

??? You've apparently never played an old J/C? :think: Those things go after awhile.

Comment

Nah, if it's locked down it's locked down. Sometimes the inserts wear out, just flip 'em over inside the nut and you'll get another 20 years from 'em.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I like locking tuners just for the ease of changing strings. To me, any tuning stability is purely a bonus.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by shredspillers View Post
                        CANT POST
                        huh? You mean pictures?

You have to upload to photobucket or something (I get free personal web space) and link back with the image tags. That's how we all do it.
                        Last edited by DonP; 12-01-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

On a "player" I would do a Floyd nut conversion rather than futzing around with the Kahler string lock. I had this done on my Model 3. On a vintage piece, that's a tougher call, especially if its in "mint" condition. If its already been futzed with, I would do it.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

it has a string lock on it. the guitar came with a Kahler on it when I bought it in 98'. This new Kahler is much better than the Kahlers from the 80's.

Comment

HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES I will get some better ones later. some pics are with the old Kahler. I have tried about 5 different PU's on my Jackson tried Super Distortion, Seymour Duncan Distortion, Blackouts, Invader, and finally stuck with the 81-85 ZW Set. yes the locking tuners will help it stay i tune better. Kahlers are so much of a different feel. your either one or the other.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_9259.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_9244.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_9272.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...kahler2315.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...3Duntitled.jpg

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_8447.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X