No announcement yet.

RR1T and KV2T questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RR1T is nice, but the KV2T is a jackson all it's own. The KV2T is a beast that I lovingly call the "Les Paul" killer. Les Paul guys swear by their Pauls and say nothing else can make that tone, well, if you take out the noise and feedback and add a little more sustain you have the tone of a KV2T.....best kept secret of the whole Jackson line. 24 frets on a 24.75 scale is actually pretty easy to play and I have big fingers. They are Jumbo frets too.

My suggestion is to try and find a KV2T just to try the feel if you're worried about the 24.75 scale, when I switched to it my playing actually got better.....I'm not joking.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
      24 frets crammed onto a 24.75" scale? Dear lord.

And I thought MY les paul has no room on the higher frets.....

A Les Paul is 24.75 scale.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
        24 frets crammed onto a 24.75" scale? Dear lord.

And I thought MY les paul has no room on the higher frets.....
        Try to find an older KVT2 when they had the 25.5" scale then.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
          A Les Paul is 24.75 scale.
          I know that, that was my point. He said the KV2T was a 24.75" scale with 24 frets. My les paul is the same scale with 22 frets and the higher frets already seem cramped. Adding 2 more frets would make it even worse.

Comment

KV2! KV2! KV2! KV2! In Black of course!

Comment

I have both guitars (and KV2's) and as stated above, they are totally different sounding guitars. Personally, I prefer the KV2T. I have small hands and the KV2T 24.75" scale is more comfortable. There is absolutely NO problem with the higher frets. The neck has total access. I also have no problem with the stock pickups. If you are looking for over the top metal overdrive, maybe you want to change the pickups. The main reasons I prefer the KV2T is because of the mahogany and 59' neck pickup combo. The KV2T gets an extremely musical, clear, and "woody" tone with the 59' neck. I had a nice Les Paul long ago and loved the tone. The KV2T gets the Les Paul neck pickup "creamy" tone without the "mud". Best advice is to try both. Unfortunately its difficult to find any music stores with both. Good Luck - and Thanks for your military service!!

Comment

Working...
              X