Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an idea on an insurance value for a round horn v

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/26849993@N05/4867342957/[IMG]

I'm curious what my custom shop Chinese dragon round horn V is worth? It was in the 1993 catalog. It's a non recessed trem and a Dan Lawrence graphic dated in 1993. It's mint with the original case.
    This space for rent

This is the one you stole, right? Hmmm, how would you replace it? Seems like you would not be able to! : the factory won't make this body style any more, plus it was featured in a catalog!

I was gonna say $3K, but if - Heaven forfend! - it was lost somehow...and maybe you could get somebody at the CS to consider this....geez maybe $5K?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got a good price on it.

Pic doesn't work but the link is there for you all to see. I just put new strings on it and it plays incredibly well. Like my demartini
      This space for rent

Comment

Jesus, you suck.

Reverse pointy dragon roundhorn... That is truly irreplaceable, so... Wow. I'd have to agree with Ron, $5K, you'd have to have a one-off made by a really good luthier to even come close, or do it in a double Rhoads or something instead. :think:

Comment

$5k?? Geez.. I'm buying a gun safe to store my guitars in
          This space for rent

Comment

Yeah, I'd say 5k insured value would be about right. Maybe a little high, but hey, you can't get another...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I mean, if it was a guitar you could still get even from the Custom Shop then a "replacement cost" would be maybe, what, $3500? :think:

Actual value is probably quite a bit less than that, but if you can get them to agree to $5K then you'll feel that much better if it gets stolen (although, trust me, the money won't help that much.)

Comment

You screwed up the ending tag and your link is to a web page, not an image.

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                [IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/26849993@N05/4867342957/[IMG]

Comment

and hey if it ever did go the way of the dodo you know ed roman would build you one exactly like it. Serial numbers and logo to boot. LOL. of course I would never wish such a horrible thing to happen to anyone. But I agree its a huge piece of jackson custom shop history and it is not replaceable. Even with the insurance you better take good care of that one.

Comment

Your shot on Flickr is not set to "Share This" (ya bastid)

This is what my sucky skillz came up with:

Untitled1.jpg

Comment

Listening to some Great White there Ron?
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sharp eye there, dude!
                        Last edited by RacerX; 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

This is the one you stole, how would you replace it? Seems like you would not be able to! : the factory won't make this body style any more, plus it was featured in a catalog! It was really amazing and outstanding.

Comment

I didn't "steal" it. I paid the asking price. Lol
                            This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                            X