Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Student - J3130 - INFO Please

[/IMG]

(If photo not visible please advise how, just setup a photobucket account)

Hey ! I brought this Jackson Soloist Student (J3130) about a year ago, Paid £400 and came with original hard case. My friends thought I was mad for buying a pink guitar! BUT I instantly fell in love, the playability, balance and feel, and the fact it was over 20 years old and in almost mint condition convinced me !

Anyway I just thought I would go online and find out more, especially about the pickups.

Going by the serial number this was built in 1987 in Ontario ?? I was hoping you guys could help me uncover more!

To me this guitar looks more like a 86, Is it possible this guitar body was made before that date? Pick up configuration s/s/s seems unusual I can't seem to find any that look like this. What make/type is the bridge pick up ?

Here's some more clues, The Jackson logo is white with made in the USA after the 'N', machine heads say Jackson.

Just as a side thought how much would in cost to replace this guitar in this condition an s/s/s/ config ? Just thinking purhaps I should insure it just incase !!

Thats enough from me !! I love this guitar ! I would really appreciate more info !

Thank you x Andy x

By the looks of it the picture didn't work !! here goes again !! x Andy x

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

S/S/S (or 3TITE) is unusal for any year, but it's by no means unique. A Kahler would be unusual-ish for 87 as the JT6 was around by then. But if the serial dates it to 1987, then it was completed in 87. It could have been started in 86 though..

When it comes to ordering one again - The only upcharges from basic specs would be the s/s/s (circa $55) and the Kahler ($350). So, if ordering from the US, a new custom shop with those specs would be approx $2500 or so (depending on the discount from the dealer). HOWEVER, a 3TITE student with a kahler is never gonna bring even close to half of that.
      Last edited by neilli; 01-03-2011, 03:33 PM.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Bottom line if you paid £400 , that indicates you're in the UK which means you've got yourself a bona fide bargain!

lovely looking fiddle!

Comment

Working...
        X