Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-recessed Charvel Floyd on Jackson Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-recessed Charvel Floyd on Jackson Rhoads?

Hi guys, I recently bought another (pretty hacked up) Rhoads and it has a Schaller Floyd with the Charvel logo on it. I suppose someone has switched it sometime, but just to be sure: did it happen that they used some Charvel trems on the Jacksons?
    btw, the guitar is somewhere around 1989 (late "RR" sn), if that might help.

and: this is my first guitar with a non recessed Floyd, though it has a little "pull up routing". Is it normal that the distance between the bottom of the Floyd and the top of the body is more than 5 or 6mm? Because that looks pretty strange (or should I say unhealthy)...

It wouldn't have come from the factory with a Charvel branded schaller Floyd as those were only used on imports, and so logically would never have been in the US Jackson facility.

And yes, for a non recessed floating Floyd, that distance above the face of the guitar would be fine.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Those Schaller Floyds are nice trems.

Comment

The Schaller (JT590) on my '90 Soloist Pro is a Charvel. Don't know if it's original or not, but it's there..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

How about some pics please.

Comment

How about some pics please.
            probably later, I've disassembled everything, cleaned, adjusted and restringed her; didn't have time for pics so far

The Schaller (JT590) on my '90 Soloist Pro is a Charvel. Don't know if it's original or not, but it's there..
            though the Pros were MIJ

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              It wouldn't have come from the factory with a Charvel branded schaller Floyd as those were only used on imports, and so logically would never have been in the US Jackson facility.

And yes, for a non recessed floating Floyd, that distance above the face of the guitar would be fine.
              thanks for the answer, I didn't know that those were only used on imports

Comment

OK, here are some pics.
                you may notice that
                - I haven't set up the correct intonation yet
                - one of the saddles (are they called that way) was substituted and I'll have to get a new one for the A string, as - you can tell from the height - this one should be used on the low E string (where the different saddle is now)
                - I could reduce the distance between Floyd and body though it still seems quite high, but it doesn't look dangerous any more

Comment

GTWGITS! Ha, I said it first.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

It's the rearloaded Rhoads we've seen in ebay lately, isn't it?A shame that the guitar was damaged so much, I wanted to bid on it too as they are hard to find here in Germany, but it was too much for me in the end for a guitar with lots of damage...
                    Would love to see better pics of it.

btw. i also have a 1989 RR with a Charvel trem (all others from 1989 i own do have a Jackson labeled FR)

Comment

yes it is that one

it's damaged (esp the fins) but the graphic (except for the painted pickup covers) is not harmed at all...

it wasn't cheap though not really expensive (I paid for my Rhoads Pro almost the same a couple of years ago). and I wanted to have it as - you're right - these are so hard to find here (reverse headstock, nice graphic, rearloaded) etc.
                      I haven't finished my setup yet, but it plays already very well (frets are in a great shape).

I have some other pics but not on this computer, just this group shot here
                      I'll post some other later.

Comment

Working...
                      X