Check This CL deal......Another great deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
    Mike Learn is one of the old custom shop artists, he's got his own company called learnguitars and he's known as Headroller on the forums, does some absolutely sick finishes and could probably re-do that lightning sky finish exactly as you have it now. http://www.jcfonline.com/members/14756-Headroller

also an example of his work can be found in this thread. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/112...ibson-Explorer
    Actually Headroller is Mike's wife. Mike's tag is Learn Guitars.

The headstock looks like it is delaminating. Who knows if it's from taking a hit or moisture or what on that thing . The front does like some crazy ex keyed it or something. Lightning sky lovers will weep and haters will smile. Obviously somebody didn't know what they had or they have enough money that they didn't care.

The guitar needs a bit of TLC as far as a trem rust removal project and fingerboard conditioning. Frets are crying for a polish too..
    Last edited by Hellbat; 01-08-2011, 02:12 AM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I will be taking care of this guitar believe that. I didnt think Id find such a sweet deal, I used my amp money to buy this. Now I got to kick ass guitars with no amp....well I got the little Line6 15 watter this git came with. Oh well. Im very happy. Ill getthis guitar a set up etc, frets polished etc, But I really want that headstock done, if its possible.
      I love guitars, Always have and always will.

Comment

Mike also did the album artwork for Megadeth - The System Has Failed. Nice score, some people pay a lot of money for a "relic" job like that. lol
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Actually Headroller is Mike's wife. Mike's tag is Learn Guitars.

The headstock looks like it is delaminating. Who knows if it's from taking a hit or moisture or what on that thing . The front does like some crazy ex keyed it or something. Lightning sky lovers will weep and haters will smile. Obviously somebody didn't know what they had or they have enough money that they didn't care.

The guitar needs a bit of TLC as far as a trem rust removal project and fingerboard conditioning. Frets are crying for a polish too..
          Oh.... wow that surprises me, I just thought it was mike because headroller pretty much runs his subforum
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Score!!! Even with the damage, yeah, well worth the low price.

Comment

as has been mentioned, contact mike learn. he resurrected a hamer diablo for me. it was a hunk of shit, now it is amazing. is work is quality, and considering he does work with jackson, MAYBE he could do a restoration on the headstock....of course i have no idea, but call him and ask him yourself. you maybe lucky!!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sweet! Congrats on the CL score. Definitely reach out to Mike Learn. Great guy. Greater work.
                Though, I would wait until after NAMM. There's a chance he won't be around because of the convention, but if he doesn't reply back drop Mrs. Learn an note.

Comment

Wow, I cant imagine how much a refinish would be, especially from a jackson artist. I think I might just leave in and get new hardware. Actually I might be fleabaying it soon as is , I dunno yet.
                  I love guitars, Always have and always will.

Comment

Working...
                  X