No announcement yet.

New Custom Shop KV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to take a short trip to Germany to steal this thing from you!
    Holy moly, that is a beautiful thing!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

ill take the engl stack off your hands. Awesome V by the way.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for the nice comments!

Regarding the KVX10, though indeed it might get played a bit less now, some of you seem to be quite underestimating it... this is a real mojo beast with about the most aggressive, in your face sound there is. So far it has been my most inspiring guitar for writing riffs and therefore could hold its own against all my other, more expensive Jacksons, including my highend Jackson Stars guitars. Not a guitar for the pristine studio, but for jamming and rocking out.

The last pic was made in my band's rehearsal room which we share with another band... and we all love ENGLs... so only one of them is mine.
          And I need to say, the Warrior in the pic(a WRMG) isn't mine either. But at least I do own a Warrior, if only a JS30WR... the only stringthru Warrior model ever made. What can I say, I love stringthru bridges.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Man yeah.

Comment

How do you like the poplar as compared to alder???
              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Well, I only own two alder guitars, a Sam Ash Soloist LE and my KVX10. So there are differences in either body shape and bridge or neck construction compared to the Custom KV.
                But they all sound good in their own ways, all are very resonant; and I believe the woods are quite similar after all.
                I do like the decent weight of the poplar since there's not the slightest hint of neckdive on my Custom KV... the KVX10 is as light as a feather and had serious neckdiving issues until I had the strap button relocated. And even now there's still some.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                  Well, I only own two alder guitars, a Sam Ash Soloist LE and my KVX10. So there are differences in either body shape and bridge or neck construction compared to the Custom KV.
                  But they all sound good in their own ways, all are very resonant; and I believe the woods are quite similar after all.
                  I do like the decent weight of the poplar since there's not the slightest hint of neckdive on my Custom KV... the KVX10 is as light as a feather and had serious neckdiving issues until I had the strap button relocated. And even now there's still some.
                  Where did you move the button to? I had an identical KVX10 same color and all, with the same issue, I gave it to my cousin because it was so annoying to play onstage, but it did both play and sound killer otherwise.
                  Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

that is awesome - congrats
                    2011 USA Jackson Soloist
                    2007 USA Jackson Soloist
                    2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
                    2009 Edwards ECY 165
                    2009 Schecter Hellraiser
                    2006 USA BC Rich Wave
                    2012 Gibson LP Trad
                    1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Always loved that one. Congrats!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Killer King V!! Sweet!!

Comment

Working...
                        X