NGD- XTRR arrived but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
    Congrats. I'm a big fan of that green. Think this one belonged to JCF'er Mikernaut. No?
    Yup.

Comment

F*CK! The Blackout is hardwired, not a clip connection. This means there's something screwy with the pup or with one of several solder connections.

Comment

But seriously, a pickup issue is a very easy fix. Clip or hard wired, no big whoop.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          But seriously, a pickup issue is a very easy fix. Clip or hard wired, no big whoop.
          Yeah, point taken. I just wanna friggin' play the damn thing! It's all about the immediate gratification. But seriously, if ya pay for a guitar advertised as fully functional, ya should get a fully functional guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
            Yeah, point taken. I just wanna friggin' play the damn thing! It's all about the immediate gratification. But seriously, if ya pay for a guitar advertised as fully functional, ya should get a fully functional guitar.
            +1

I have one on the way right now... some nervous days man...
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post

I posted in the Tech Q & A section about this issue- too many variables to know exactly what's amiss. Could be a faulty p' up or bad solder or a bad wire. Who knows! Therein lies
              the frustration. Dunno how to fix it if I don't know what's broke.

Comment

Dead/loose battery?

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadow View Post
                  Dead/loose battery?
                  No. According to the tech I took the XTRR to, it was shorted pre-amp. More interesting still is that it looks as though the bridge and the neck p'up were switched. Either way, Mikernaut made it right by buying a new p'up for the XTRR. THAT's being a good forum member.

Comment

That is AWESOME! Nice guitar for sure.

Comment

Hey Jim hope it gets all sorted out and you can play it for your show tonight.

This just gets more weird if the bridge and neck pups were switched around because I didn't mess around with the pups at all, so someone at Jackson's Custom shop did it that way :think:

LOL... well they initially painted it the wrong color green too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                        Hey Jim hope it gets all sorted out and you can play it for your show tonight.

This just gets more weird if the bridge and neck pups were switched around because I didn't mess around with the pups at all, so someone at Jackson's Custom shop did it that way :think:

LOL... well they initially painted it the wrong color green too.
                        What is it with the CS screwing up XTRR orders?
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I guess it messes with their heads when a Rhoads isn't front routed...
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Shazam! Got my XTRR back from the luthier today and it friggin' rocks! Don't think I've ever played a 24.75" scale ax before (at least, not that I can remember-- have owned so many guitars over the years...) but this thing plays so damned easily and sounds absolutely killer. The OFR is set up to my somewhat exacting specifications and the ax is light and comfy to play for an entire set and then some. Yee- f*ckin'- ha!

Comment

Great to hear. Did you order up a neon green Dimarzio cliplock strap for it yet? I really like the 24.75" scale and that speed profile neck is pretty great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                                Great to hear. Did you order up a neon green Dimarzio cliplock strap for it yet? I really like the 24.75" scale and that speed profile neck is pretty great too.
                                No, Mike, I'm more of a Schaller strap lock user myself, though the neon green strap has merit- I am really impressed with how that XTRR plays- wish I had known about this one before I ordered my CS Charvel Star. I'd have ordered the speed profile neck for the Star AND gone with the 24.75" scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X