No announcement yet.

Guitar Center Bull&$*%!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing they switched cases on you, or they saw the stuff in the case when you played it, and thought they could snag a nice collectible.

This is why I would never do layaway on a CS - I either put it all on the card or save up the money so it's paid for all at once.

Oh and neither my WarAngel nor my WR-7 came with build pics or DVD. The work order came as a PDF I got from the dealer.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

How about this? Complain to Jackson about it. Let them know that GC is doing this kind of crap. They might not care, but then again they might.

Besides, it's not like GC stocks Jacksons for shit, anyway.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I sent Jackson an email and a guy named Jeff Krause is looking into it for me.I'll let you guys know what happens.
        BLS/SDMF

Comment

GC employees in general just kinda turn me off. more times than not its some 20 year old emo kid who doesnt know the first thing about the products hes selling (but he thinks he does). Ive gone to GC more times than I care to remember and been looking at something and the salesguy starts spouting off all these things about it and half of it is incorrect. I usually just politely ask for a cable and guitar pick and say I will let them know if i need anything...

Comment

Walk into A GC a couple of weeks go. Dude is trading in a 1983 2 channel Marshall JCM800 50W combo w/ reverb. I'm interested.

Me: Does this belong to you guys?
            GC Dummy: Uh, let me see.

blah-blah-blah bullshit dumbass kids trying to keep the big fish from getting off of the hook, and then eventually....

GC Dummy: Do you know what that is? That's a thousand dollar amp!

Me: I know exactly what it is, and it didn't take me 15 minutes to look it up on the internet. And I know it isn't a thousand dollar amp too, so now that we have established the facts, do you want 5 bills for it or not?

550 bucks later (incl tax), I walk out with the amp. great freakin amp too. But they don't know anything, and they don't want to know anything.
            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
              I sent Jackson an email and a guy named Jeff Krause is looking into it for me.I'll let you guys know what happens.
              I think that is the guy who helped me with questions on my RR5. He was actually very cool and helpful. Even referred me to this site, where the "Jackson fanatics" are, lol.

Comment

Got my 5150 from GC for $450 and I made them throw in a Sonic Stomp BBE pedal...

They don't have a clue what is going on...

I saw it sitting in the used section and shit my pants, I didn't have the cash on me and thought for sure the next time I came back it would be gone but nope still there, then when the kid tried to turn it on he was flipping all the switches like some kind of ADD spazoid, had to tell him it was a tube amp and to slow down...

Nubs
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                  Got my 5150 from GC for $450 and I made them throw in a Sonic Stomp BBE pedal...

They don't have a clue what is going on...

I saw it sitting in the used section and shit my pants, I didn't have the cash on me and thought for sure the next time I came back it would be gone but nope still there, then when the kid tried to turn it on he was flipping all the switches like some kind of ADD spazoid, had to tell him it was a tube amp and to slow down...

Nubs
                  im starting to believe the reason more tube amps become broken or problematic while in store inventory is not because of the customers that dont know dick about running them properly, but the dumbass behind the counter whos trying to sell it to you lol.

I also love how they advertise theyll pay you "top dollar" for your trade-ins, yet they give you the lowest offer humanly possible they can give you without getting a punch in the face for insulting you.

I brought in a dead mint condition MXR Phase90 script logo pedal yesterday with the original factory box & papers also in mint condition. The pedal could pass for brand new off the shelf. I wanted a few extra bucks to pay a utility bill and i never use the pedal. It sells for 100 bucks brand new. They offered me 40 bucks and wouldnt budge on their offer. I walked out w/ it :/

Comment

Did you punch them in the face?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by FLGearnut View Post
                      im starting to believe the reason more tube amps become broken or problematic while in store inventory is not because of the customers that dont know dick about running them properly, but the dumbass behind the counter whos trying to sell it to you lol.

I also love how they advertise theyll pay you "top dollar" for your trade-ins, yet they give you the lowest offer humanly possible they can give you without getting a punch in the face for insulting you.

I brought in a dead mint condition MXR Phase90 script logo pedal yesterday with the original factory box & papers also in mint condition. The pedal could pass for brand new off the shelf. I wanted a few extra bucks to pay a utility bill and i never use the pedal. It sells for 100 bucks brand new. They offered me 40 bucks and wouldnt budge on their offer. I walked out w/ it :/
                      If it sells for a hundred new, they'll maybe get 80.00 for it used, in that condition (box, papers, etc.).

Most places pay 50% of what they'll get for it. So 40.00 is actually spot on.

I'd never sell it for that, and the privately-owned store I deal with provides better trade-in value than the aforementioned 50%, but what they offered you was more along the lines of industry standard than an insult.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                        If it sells for a hundred new, they'll maybe get 80.00 for it used, in that condition (box, papers, etc.).

Most places pay 50% of what they'll get for it. So 40.00 is actually spot on.

I'd never sell it for that, and the privately-owned store I deal with provides better trade-in value than the aforementioned 50%, but what they offered you was more along the lines of industry standard than an insult.

- E.
                        honestly, thats bullshit in my opinion. How much money does a store really need to make on a single pedal? I had a warrior custom shop guitar not too long ago that sold for around 3k brand new. It was in near mint cond. with the case and papers and everything. They offered me 800 dollars for it. Their excuse? "well its kind of a niche guitar man...nobody knows what a warrior is...if it was a gibson or fender itd be easier to sell..."

give me a fucking break...all it takes is one guy like me or one of you guys to walk in that actually knows more about guitars than what is for sale on the monthly GC flyer, and see it for a good price, and guess what? its sold..

i swear every time i walk in there i wanna give them less & less of my business...

Comment

You took a Custom Shop Jackson into a GC and tried to sell it?

Sorry bro that is all on you...
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                            You took a Custom Shop Jackson into a GC and tried to sell it?

Sorry bro that is all on you...
                            lol NOOOO it wasnt a jackson warrior....it was a Warrior Guitars "custom shop" guitar lol...

Comment

Here's my GC story - Since I seen John Hammond play a 1931 Natl Steel tricone, I have wanted one. finally I found one at a reasonable price ($2300) I called up the GC in Sherman Oaks, and asked them to take it in hand and describe any damage to me, the guy seemed to know about the instrument, he said all the right things, like where it said" patent applied for", and that it must me a 1929 not a 1931, firm neck joint, uniform oxidation. 100% complete...great I'm taking it, several hundered less than anywhere I seen one of these old things. He sold me a hardcase to protect it in shipping, ok fine, good idea. 2 weeks later it shows up on my door, no signature required..odd, I open it box, pull the case out, open it and see a hunka shit, yah its a national steel circa 1929, missing the cones, missing 2 tuners, one which I found in the case. the bridge was from a mid 60's dobro and didnt fit right at all. and worst of all, the neck was separated about 5 mm from the body.
                              I was pissed so I went to my local GC the guy down there was pretty knowledgeable about old Natl Steels, after about 20 minutes of looking at it , he told me it would cost about 1500 to get it into original playing condition. ...NO WAY! I took the return the store offered me, they wouldn't take the case though for some reason, about a week later my CC finally got credited back

Went from a great deal to a great headache...I still look at GC used gear online, but I don't dare drop that kinda money anymore

Comment

About one month ago I was browsing the online used inventories of the Gc's around me. I found a 1983 JCM 800 cab that was rated at 260 watts,,yep with 65 watters in it. I called up and the sales guy verified what the cab was. I left a nominal deposit by phone and went in to pick it up about 1 week later. The first thing I did when I arrived was have them open it up and you guessed it, the original speakers had been swapped out, I promptly got my deposit back

Comment

Working...
                                X