No announcement yet.

Jackson Warrior CS 7 string question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres the link to the page buddy http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm just type in jackson usa in the search bar and it will come up....
    Guitar Center Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205 412-788-1071
    ask to talk with Kenny if you call....hes a cool dude and he'll help you out.

After seeing your guitar, I think I might place an order now for my own warrior 7 since theres pretty much non in existence
    ..I really dug how these older 90's pro model's looked..might do the same color

I havent seen any other pictures of one than your old one, are there any with the incline headstock just so I can get an idea??

The SLS was a good choice though looks very sharp

but in the mean time have to wait to get this guy repaired

Comment

You're better off with a reverse headstock for a 7-string if you're not going with the SLS head. It's better for the low B angle from the nut to the tuner. I'm not a fan of the reversed pointy on the Warrior - looks too much like a hockeystick for me - going in the opposite direction of the body angles, etc.

Plus you get straight string pull with the SLS.

And you never have to worry about Ron stealing it from you :p
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, the deed is done - it'll be home next week

Got a LOT of work to do on it. Gonna fill/redrill the neck holes, and probably going to fill/redrill the Floyd post holes as well. Looking at my old pics, it's off to one side. I'm not sure if 7-string humbuckers are trem-spaced, or if 7-string Floyds are 7-string-pickup spaced, but the high strings are/were horribly off the poles, as well as the baseplate being too close to the treble edge of the recess.

Or not
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Congrats! I was going to buy it, but it's great when guitar comes back to home
          '94 KV PCS
          '99 KV-2 Camo
          '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
          '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            GC: "Custom Shop Warrior"
            Everybody else: "Yeah!"
            GC: "Blood drip graphic"
            Some: "Yeah!"
            GC: "7 string"
            Fewer still: "Uh...OK!"
            GC: "Smurf hat"
            A few guys left: "Er...."
            GC: "Bolt on"
            The 3 guys still interested: "WTF?"

Newc: "Come to papa!"

You forgot:

GC: "KV neck profile"
            Everyone else: "So it's really wide and really thin? Like fretting an iPad?"
            GC: "Output jack on bottom edge, like the old 1990 Warriors"
            Everyone else: "So sitting isn't really an option."

:P

Comment

WOOT!

Got the geetario today!

It's still in great shape for being used live. Minor scuff on the headstock, no tip dings, and he cut claw access slots in the trem cover, but it's better than "dude, I swear, I took it off to lower the tension and the plate vanished" (which I've had happen, on occasion).

He also installed a Strat-style string retainer for the high E and B. Guess it coulda used it, as clamping the strings did cause it to raise pitch considerably.

Anyhoo, life doesn't offer many chances to make up for past regrets, and I'm glad to have this one back (now I just gotta figure out if I want the low B or high A )

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

More pics please!
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Hopefully tomorrow will be nice and I can get some good outdoor shots. My indoor shots suck

Comment

Congrats on getting it back!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hell yeah, Grats! Amazing how things can come back around nowadays like that. Anyway it belongs to you, it's a Newc creation!

Comment

Working...
                        X