Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink Crackle Jackson Strat...re-unveiled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Crackle Jackson Strat...re-unveiled!

I bought this baby from Tonemonster a while back. There were a number of issues to be resolved, but Tone disclosed all of these in addition to giving me a good price. So, I've finally got everything knocked out. The board has an odd look, with a nice figuring combined with some grit and grime and perhaps an unusual oil applied at some point. I had my tech clean and lighten it in up a shade and Tru Oil it. The original stringlock had a makeshift OFR conversion attempted at some point, so I had my tech completely redo it. It is nice and clean work, as usual. The guitar had a mix of EMG's and disconnected J100's, so I followed through with EMG S's for the singles. They sound killer in this guitar. You can see some trem stud washers, an oversized pickup ring sized for EMG, and a trem cavity cover from Budman on there. This baby took a setup like a mother, very low action with low buzz. The Dunlops Straploks came with it and are a bit goofy, but they work so I left 'em on. The crackle is probably the nicest I've ever seen. Plus, it's...like...pink and stuff.

What an awesome guitar! I love your Strats, man. Great post.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Considering the color, Budman is gonna make you an offer when he sees this I think the guitar is simply gorgeous! Every single detail is awesome. Well eh, the logo should be black. But that's it!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Considering the color, Budman is gonna make you an offer when he sees this I think the guitar is simply gorgeous! Every single detail is awesome. Well eh, the logo should be black. But that's it!
        Ha! Yeah it is kind of hard to see, isn't it.

Comment

Never really into the crackles when they came out, but I love that guitar!!! Brings me right back to the late 80's when you would see them in many stores. Nice job and a definite plus for the matching headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            Every single detail is awesome. Well eh, the logo should be black.
            +1

I didn't even see the Jackson at first glance... Black would make it manly... Awesome Guitar Man!!!

Please post a video of the Neck and Middle pickups with some clean channel.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Axe, the guitar looks great man! I am just very glad it has an owner that cares about it and it will have a good home and future. Your upgrades are very nice. It looks like some top notch work too. I am happy that your way into that guitar and happy with it. its kind of an iconic time piece given its color and graphic, it just represents an era in music. Its a great guitar, it just wasnt a true fit for me. we will see, maybe sometime in the the future I will get a notion to sell or trade my other jackson strat we talked about. someday........

Anyway, great job, and congrats!
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Looks awesome!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks great! I'm such a fan of Jackson logos that are not of the norm. KILLER!!

Comment

I love it!

Comment

That is BADASS! Dammit!

Comment

not a fan of crackles but thats sweet.

Comment

Thanks for the complements. It was kind of gloomy today and I wasn't sure how the outdoor photos would look, but they look pretty decent.

Comment

Yeah, that looks awesome! I used to have a yellow/black crackle. That pink is totally rad!!! That guitar should have been in Hot Tub Time Machine in the 80s scenes.
                            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

That guitar is amazing. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X