Wondering what my Kelly is worth..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering what my Kelly is worth..

I've got a USA KE2 with interference flames I bought new in 1999. It is pretty much mint except for a hairline half inch long crack in the paint on the neck behind the lock nut.
    I've been thinking about selling or trading it but don't really know what I should expect to get for it... any opinions would be great. Thanks!

I have the perfect swap for you:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/117...ear-where-made

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

I bought black KE2 for $1300 and traded it even for Silver Swirl SL2H.
        You will do better in trading than selling it. I would assume flames add about $200-300 to selling price, so you are looking at $1500-1600 (if you lucky). But you can trade it for pretty much any USA Jackson, may be even some Customs. You just have to find a guy who does not mind cool looking but unbalanced guitar (which KE2 is).
        Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

I would say conservatively at auction this would be worth... 2 in the bush.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
            I would say conservatively at auction this would be worth... 2 in the bush.
            really?? lol

Comment

You can't make this crap up.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I would say the crack in the back of the neck would need to be evaluated before putting a real price on it. Many times what looks like a finish crack on the back of a neck (especially in that area) is the result of too much stress being put on that portion of the neck and the wood cracks underneath as well. It may not get worse or it could be a disaster waiting to happen. One cant really tell in alot of cases. The bad thing Is you have have to be honest about that issue and tell people about it like you have. But in doing so by being the good guy you may have limited your playing field. I know personally I wont take a chance on a guitar with a crack in that area. Especially if I know it has to go through the mail to get to me. Even if that crack wasnt there I would say If you took $1000 you would sell it quick. Anything over $1100 and your gonna be waiting a little bit. Those flames on the body may add some value over a standard kelly but it also narrows your potential buyers because not everyone likes hot rod flames. Sometimes custom options are a double edged sword. I agree with the trade thoughts. As I just tried selling 2 jacksons. The first was a USA kelly with a natural flame top. No one wanted it. Not one PM or email. The Other was a Candy green KV2. Pretty much mint, I had to sell it quick. And I mean really quick and it dropped to just under a thousand before it sold. Its definitely a buyers market out there. My recommendation is be patient unless you need the money desperately.

Comment

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/msg/2222426854.html

here is one like yours on CL
                  Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

Asking price ain't *getting* price...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's actually worthless. In fact I'll take it off your hands so you don't have to worry with it anymore!

Comment

Thanks for the info. A couple of shops in my area want to consign it but they don't want to set a price... and I've seen such a wide range on ebay.. I just wanted to get some more opinions. I'm in no real hurry to sell it.

Comment

Nice roundabout spam though.

Comment

I think he's a fisherman
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

fisherman.jpg
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X