Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation of jackson rr1

hey guys,
    i was wondering how difficult it is taking your rr, or kv model jacksons anywhere? i know the case is fairly large, and i wanted to know how much of a pain it is to take that in the car or to lessons?
    any feedback would be great! thanks

not a big deal.
    but i wouldn't take it just to a guitar lesson, for that i'd grab a cheapo strat or the like in a gig bag.

Comment

One word, stairs. Yeah the case is big, but in most instances its not a big deal (no pun intended). Stairs however are the "big" problem(pun intended). Trying to carry those damned cases up a flight of stairs is a bitch, unless youre perhaps 7 feet tall. Its worth it though, you know, dont throw out the baby with the bath water.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

You can always cut the long wing off and go Dinky!
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I remember my RR5 case fit pretty well sideways to a car backseat.

The bigger problem is navigating through doors IMO.

Comment

Dude? Seriously? When I pack up and go to gigs n what not I am transporting usually about four 1960 Marshall cabs three 100 W heads, a Les Paul, an SG, my KV2 , and a ammo can full of pedals n shit, and extras cramped into the back of my 4Runner! The guitars are pushed on top of everyting else where they can fit. You shouldn't have any problem with just one guitar if its in a case. Thats what the case is for! Don't go throwing it off a building or anything and it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
              When I pack up and go to gigs n what not I am transporting usually about four 1960 Marshall cabs three 100 W heads, a Les Paul, an SG, my KV2 , and a ammo can full of pedals n shit, and extras cramped into the back of my 4Runner!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm not sure what a 4Runner is but is it a military cargo aircraft?

I know that in my Ford Focus (relatively small but quick limey hatchback) I can just about get a soloist case in the back but not a V, they have to go on the back seats.
                So yeah, not as easy to transport as a regular shape but easy enough.
                Also, would you want to be sitting down with a V at lessons anyway?

If you have a regular shape guitar, I'd go with that and leave the Vs for the serious business of maiming and impaling stage-divers at shows.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

MAZRIM, a 4runner is a Toyota SUV. But with that said I have crammed Marshall cabs into a Mazda RX-7 as well. The guy at guitar center couldn't beleive it! hardshell case will protect it, just cram it in and cram it shut!

As far as sitting down with a V in a lesson, all you need is a foot stool for your left foot, then hold it like a classical guitar and it's more confortable than any of my other guitars. You just push your legs together or apart to ajust the angle you like. Any guitar shop should a foot stool for about 15 to 20 bucks.

Comment

I always play my KV sitting down with one wing on each side of my right thigh. I find it far more comfortable than any other guitar to play like that.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      One word, stairs. Yeah the case is big, but in most instances its not a big deal (no pun intended). Stairs however are the "big" problem(pun intended).
                      Yes, stairs suck indeed.
                      I found out it helps to have the short side of the case up and the long side down.
                      If the stairs have a turn and are fairly small in width it helps to have the case go the inner circle. Otherwise you'll either hit the wall with your case or the rail yourself.
                      The fact that I developed a system on how to handle stairs with a rhoads case should be an indicator on how much it actually sucks.
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Sorry RX-8

Comment

Gig with a telecaster instead. Then you can forgo transportation in favor of teleportation! Dah-dunt tsssssshhhh

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Yep indeed.
                            Last edited by straycat; 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                              I always play my KV sitting down with one wing on each side of my right thigh. I find it far more comfortable than any other guitar to play like that.
                              I play it like that too but after a few minutes I start to cramp. Maybe because I have huge balls!
                              Seriously though, more comfortable to play sitting down than a strat shape? Not for me.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X