Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not for the faint of heart! Photo inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not for the faint of heart! Photo inside!

This my dear friends is a factory installed volume pot from a 1997 Jackson PC1. It has never been tampered with to the best of my knowledge and is in the same condition as when it left the factory.

These guitars (and I have owned at least 6-7 PC1's) have been hands down the worst soldering I have EVER seen!

My MIJ Jackson's and even my Model Series Charvel's and heck even countless Squier's have had neater and cleaner soldering.

Is it any wonder that I spend more time servicing my PC1's than I do playing them?

And they sold for what back in 1997? Almost 3K?

Wow!

That's pre-FMIC quality.

Comment

Appalling!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That person really likes their solder. They probably don't pre-tin the wires and then dump tons of solder on to compensate. Or maybe they are one of those freaks that uses a soldering gun and a big stick of plumbers solder.

It would be nice to see a ground lug in there or something, it keeps the back of the pots a lot cleaner and makes it a lot easier to change them out if they start to fail. Especially when the PC1 has a bunch of extra stuff going to ground. All for the grand profit impact of about 22 cents per guitar in parts.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wow, this really is wrong. However i can of course only talk for myself, but i really prefer a bad solder job than any woodworking problem simply because i can easily fix the solder problems.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Pretty ugly. I really prefer when a brass grounding plate is used. I mean, those cost what, a buck?

Comment

A Monday guitar...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A Monday guitar...

LOL! The 1st Monday after all long vacation at that!

Comment

Working...
                X