Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried a Full Shred in their PC1? Any other pup suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a full shred in the bridge of a basswood ibanez RG320FM I used to have. It sounded pretty good in that guitar, not thin. A little hollow I guess but I always attributed that to the basswood body.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Pearly Gates is the best sounding pickup in a PC1, It is a perfect match!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
        I had an old Kramer Nightswan with a full shred in the bridge. The guitar had a mahogany body. I absolutely loved that pickup!! It was crystal clear. You could clearly hear every note of a chord and every note in fast single note runs. I would not hesitate to try it. If I remember correctly, it was not too bright or too dark. It had a nice mid range tone to it.
        I don't want to hijack this thread...but the minute I saw "Nightswan", I had to chime in. I had one of these...was my first "good" guitar...bought new in 89. Unfortunately, I sold it a couple years ago, and I still regret it to this day. I certainly didn't have to...somebody just offered me a boat load of cash for it.
        Anyway...it was certainly one of the greatest sounding guitars I've ever owned...and I used it live all the time. But I never knew which pickup that was in the bridge...I just knew it was a duncan. Was that pickup the stock pickup for that guitar? I'm looking for a bridge replacement for a Music Man Axis...that might be the one!

For what it's worth...I own a PC-1 as well...and love the Super 3...I don't think I would change it...
        Todd M

Comment

Well I did an about face on the Full Shred. Tried it in both a Charvel Fusion and my old '98 Chlorine PC1. What a crappy and weak sounding pickup! Really thin with no output. Tossed a Jackson J-90C in the PC1 and wow! Thick chunky with ubber gain!!!!

Full Shred sold on ebay the next day BTW!

Comment

Veniculum - I believe all of the Nightswans came with Full Shreds in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
              Veniculum - I believe all of the Nightswans came with Full Shreds in the bridge.
              and a JB in the middle(no neck pickup).

Comment

If all your guitars have a Super 3 in them then it's safe to say you're amp/amp's are dialed in for that pickup. So something like a Full Shred will sound bright. Shouldnt be weak or thin but whatever.

I had the exact oposite problem. All of my guitars have PAF based pickups in them and the PC-1 sounded Dark. Swapped in a Suhr Aldridge and it's brought life to my PC-1. Only other option would be to reset my amp's when I used the PC-1. Really not much of an option...
                ---RCM78
                >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

Working...
                X